Growing in a green house rookie!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
remember this soap Ya washed and it turned black
1659449510597.png

You guys crack me up! On another note, do you guys trim the big “water leaves” off? I was also wondering if trimming the smaller buds off the big branches will produce better quality buds? Thanks all!

You guys crack me up! On another note, do you guys trim the big “water leaves” off? I was also wondering if trimming the smaller buds off the big branches will produce better quality buds? Thanks all!
I trim everything off the bottom including any popcorn buds small limbs. I also remove some Fan leaves each time I visit the plant to make room for light and to keep good air flow to my plant. I don’t know if the quality of the bud is better but I do know after my second grow that the size of the buds increased.

I trim everything off the bottom including any popcorn buds small limbs. I also remove some Fan leaves each time I visit the plant to make room for light and to keep good air flow to my plant. I don’t know if the quality of the bud is better but I do know after my second grow that the size of the buds increased.

we had a lecture once in my Plant Science class and the Professor stated that studies show most plants can lose up to 30% of their leaves and it will not affect the rate of photosynthesis in the plant

Ok, what is this?? Noticed tonight when trimming, the branch looks dead! Is this something I need to cut out??

Attachments

• 4424DD21-76EE-4A8C-8911-E3B4F01ADE9A.jpeg
    4424DD21-76EE-4A8C-8911-E3B4F01ADE9A.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • C1CF3B5A-4F2C-442A-BAAD-03A39BA32958.jpeg
    C1CF3B5A-4F2C-442A-BAAD-03A39BA32958.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
looks like fusarium

cut it off but I doubt that will save the rest of the plant

you will be lucky if that plant survives

If you visit your crop one day and find a plant that has one or more branches that look dead, cut them off as soon as possible. F. Oxysporum species attacks the Xylem and can dry out parts of the plant, it is difficult to get rid of the problem even by quickly removing the affected areas, but in cases where it’s close to harvesting, it can hold up. There is no fungicide for fusarium, so the best fungicide in this case is prevention.

43DC1ACC-1D02-470A-8066-5A332E813129.jpeg

0F33717E-1781-4CDD-A3FD-B36392875F42.jpeg

Ways to prevent Fusarium and other fungi​

1. Best possible cleaning of the growing area
  2. Add Silicon, Trichoderma and/or Mycorrhiza to the substrate
  3. Alternate watering with oxygenated water
  4. Keep the substrate at a warm temperature
  5. Avoid over-fertilization
  6. Use natural fungicides in irrigation, such as propolis or horsetail
  7. Prune lower areas to maintain good aeration and avoid moisture spots
  8. Try not to match a relative humidity above 50% with a temperature above 80º F. (27º C.).
  9. Remove every leaf that falls on the substrate or on the ground to avoid decomposition
  10. Use new, sterilized and quality substrate

looks like fusarium

cut it off but I doubt that will save the rest of the plant

you will be lucky if that plant survives

If you visit your crop one day and find a plant that has one or more branches that look dead, cut them off as soon as possible. F. Oxysporum species attacks the Xylem and can dry out parts of the plant, it is difficult to get rid of the problem even by quickly removing the affected areas, but in cases where it’s close to harvesting, it can hold up. There is no fungicide for fusarium, so the best fungicide in this case is prevention.

View attachment 305121

View attachment 305122

Ways to prevent Fusarium and other fungi​

1. Best possible cleaning of the growing area
  2. Add Silicon, Trichoderma and/or Mycorrhiza to the substrate
  3. Alternate watering with oxygenated water
  4. Keep the substrate at a warm temperature
  5. Avoid over-fertilization
  6. Use natural fungicides in irrigation, such as propolis or horsetail
  7. Prune lower areas to maintain good aeration and avoid moisture spots
  8. Try not to match a relative humidity above 50% with a temperature above 80º F. (27º C.).
  9. Remove every leaf that falls on the substrate or on the ground to avoid decomposition
  10. Use new, sterilized and quality substrate
Well crap!!

So far she is looking good, pulled all the plants out of the green house for now, rain in the forecast so I’ll put them back in a day or two. But the area where I cut the branch off and what fungus I could see looks better!

Well it’s been 6 days since I found that fungus and she is still alive, actually looks good today. Time will tell.

Attachments

• FD7CE452-8310-44EE-8CE8-3EE425E5D439.jpeg
    FD7CE452-8310-44EE-8CE8-3EE425E5D439.jpeg
    115.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 072FFB93-37A7-450C-85ED-3BA4740528B3.jpeg
    072FFB93-37A7-450C-85ED-3BA4740528B3.jpeg
    188.4 KB · Views: 0
Well, all my plants lived and did pretty good, I won’t use the same brand of soil next time. The current soil has way too much bark in it. My tricombs are about 50/50 on color so I’ll be cutting and trimming this weekend!! Thanks for all the info, I’m a once a year small grower so I’ll lurk here and see ya all next season! Photos were about 2 weeks ago.

Attachments

• 5A6BEADF-BBC7-45DC-BFA5-F39E09419EC7.jpeg
    5A6BEADF-BBC7-45DC-BFA5-F39E09419EC7.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • ECA4ABC8-DACE-4476-9EF4-A42D90831479.jpeg
    ECA4ABC8-DACE-4476-9EF4-A42D90831479.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Hello, been a couple years since I grew, first time was outdoors, went great thanks to lots of help here. One problem I had was those dang afids, got spray for that now. BUT, this time I’m growing in a green house and the weather has been pretty warm, live in the seattle area. I’m wondering what major differences I need to know about having them in a green house?? I’ve had both doors open for about for weeks now, plants are about 2.5 feet tall, and I’ve been watering twice a day- morning and night. I don’t spray the plants w water, I fertilize every other week. Thoughts????? Thanks peeps

Hello, been a couple years since I grew, first time was outdoors, went great thanks to lots of help here. One problem I had was those dang afids, got spray for that now. BUT, this time I’m growing in a green house and the weather has been pretty warm, live in the seattle area. I’m wondering what major differences I need to know about having them in a green house?? I’ve had both doors open for about for weeks now, plants are about 2.5 feet tall, and I’ve been watering twice a day- morning and night. I don’t spray the plants w water, I fertilize every other week. Thoughts????? Thanks peeps
A forum avatar for you to use if you like
1666301726727.png

Latest posts

Back