Growing in a shed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowmo77

Are you lost
Reaction score
is anyone else growing in a out building or shed?

i have 3 boxes in my shed, clone, veg, flower. my shed is 12x15 and i've gotta figure out the best way to heat it. when the lights are on in the boxes the temps are great but when they go off the temps drop below 50f
any ideas on a cheap heater that would work without a major increase in my power bill?

If you go to ebay and search for small electric heaters, you will see several. They're 110 volt, thermostat controlled and small in size. We have a few for our RV. I saw some that use 30 watts.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

i guess im gonna try to find a single heater to heat the whole building and hope the fans in the boxes move the heat around the boxes. headed to ebay now.. i have a flea market near hear i might try to checkout to see if they might have a used one for a low price.

i have been toying with a passive solar thought. if i store some 55 gal drums of water close to the lights they will hopefully absorb the heat from the lights and slowly radiate it when the lights go out. i grow under dirt and it does get cold abt 50`sh to b exact.

Hey slowmo, someone posted an ebay code to save some bucks...check it out. ;)

I would think that if you ran your vegging lights 24/7, you could exhaust this into the flowering room when the dark time and keep the temps warm enough.

Try insulation ... cheaper than electric bills. Some 1" polystyrene foam should work.

slowmo77 said:
is anyone else growing in a out building or shed?

i have 3 boxes in my shed, clone, veg, flower. my shed is 12x15 and i've gotta figure out the best way to heat it. when the lights are on in the boxes the temps are great but when they go off the temps drop below 50f
any ideas on a cheap heater that would work without a major increase in my power bill?

:ciao:

I Know this is old thread...Just wanted to say hello to my Buddy slowmo...I know hes slow and may not get this for a year or so...just wanted to say Hello:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back