growing indoor ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mcmc

hi guyz
how can i grow weed indoor without all the equipments are used to do so, like the tent , box, fans and the other weird stuff i see you guyz are using ??
cuz in my country we dont have all these stuff like if u go to a garden shop all u'll find seeds, soil, fert, thts all and actually i cannot efford all the coast plus i cannot empty a room for it ??

so is there anyway to grow inside without the fantasy stuff :p ??

Good luck...

At least, you'll need a veg and a bud light, a T5 for vegging and an HPS of proper size for budding is optimal. With that, you'll need some sort of ventilation, I can get by with opening the door of my pantry....but forgetting just once even an hour late means disaster, trust me. So, ventilation is best....and timers.

Fantasy stuff? There's no magic shortcut to this, sorry.

mcmc said:
hi guyz
how can i grow weed indoor without all the equipments are used to do so, like the tent , box, fans and the other weird stuff i see you guyz are using ??
cuz in my country we dont have all these stuff like if u go to a garden shop all u'll find seeds, soil, fert, thts all and actually i cannot efford all the coast plus i cannot empty a room for it ??

so is there anyway to grow inside without the fantasy stuff :p ??

I don't think that I would call the grow equipment fantasy stuff. There are certain minimum requirements for growing...adequate light, ventilation, correct soil mixture, nutrients, etc, etc. Many of us cannot empty a room either. This is one reason they make tents. You do need a place that you can keep 100% dark 12 hours a day when flowering. This is a "hobby" that does take an investment of time, study, love, and (unfortunately) money.

Hemp is right on, when u begin to grow weed u will invest lots of time and money. its not like got a seed dirt and water and boom! lots of bud to smoke. it takes lots of time. read up and even when u read a WHOLE bunch u will still end up learning so much more once u actually begin to grow.

Go online and find some grow books, read everything there is to read. The indoor/outdoor medical marijuana bible is good by Jorge Cervantes, its a good start has lots of great pictures and valuable information. Here ya go happy growing. Oh one last thing when you have a grow space make sure you take accurate temperature readings with the lights and fans on to make sure your room is 100% dialed BEFORE you put plants in there. I didn't do this because I was in to much of a hurry to grow big buds and my babies died, so take this for what its worth and read this book and you will forever be grateful.

hXXp://www.amazon.com/Marijuana-Hor...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1317755754&sr=1-1

scope out the broke-n-toke thread.

The Hemp Goddess said:
... This is a "hobby" that does take an investment of time, study, love, and (unfortunately) money.

truer words have never been said, in my opinion if you dive in haphazardly, without at least the bare minimum of equipment, and information you will regret it, spend some time and money to get yourself set up, you should have your growing area completely set up with lights and ventilation before seeds touch soil, and if thats not possible maybe try growing outdoors?

Hey Runby, what is a quid equivalent to in US currency. I know a Pound is equivalent to the dollar (although more valuable). I spent some time in Germany back in 1984 and still have German Marks and a few Fennings, but have never dealt with Brittish currency.

Go to google and type in 1 gbp to usd. You can do this for any currency equivalencies. 1 British pound sterling = 1.5443 US dollars.

Runbyhemp said:
Of course there is ... what the guys advise above are for optimal growing conditions.

Unfortunatley it will cost a few quid to set up. You need a closet (enclosed space to grow), pot, soil, a seed, a few cheap cfl's, nutrients and maybe a desktop fan. I'm guessing it could all be bought for less than $100. Bear in mind your finished product may not be great and you may not have much of it, but it is a start, and you will learn about the plant in the process. Then when you do get some cash you can upgrade as you go along. Thats what I did ... I'd guess what most of us did. I didn't just wake up one morning with all the gear and all the knowledge.

Best of luck man ... feel free to pm me anytime and we'll try to get you set up as cheap as possible ;)

What country are you in BTW ?

For that $100, you can buy one real component such as a good HPS, then skimp on the rest....light is a major key to growing. Nutes aren't needed right away, wait until they're needed to buy them and that'll give time to save for them or buy something that is needed right away. Soil can be skimped on at start, buy some good potting soil with NO time released nutes added to it. That's important.

You're still going to end up with a good chunk of money in the end, but if you're gonna do it, at least give yourself a chance to succeed...and have a good harvest at that!

If you can't afford the basics, why try?

The cfl's put out more heat and cost more to operate. Don't forget, you're gonna need fixtures for each bulb...

First try? I went bagseed and learned a lot of important info. If you're gonna kill something, better to kill a free seed than one that you paid good money for. And with the bagseed, you can run a few, upping your odds at success.

A pot? 5gallon pail with holes in it works, make sure it's clean. As I said, cheap soil can be obtained easily, nutes aren't needed at first, save and read and buy the right stuff when you know what you want/need. Fan....none laying around the house?

I know Runby, I hear you too. I just think it's a total waste to buy equipment you're later gonna either throw away or let collect dust...especially if it's far inferior to stuff that can be obtained for just a bit more! I mean, I have plenty of junk siting here I won't ever use again....wish I knew then what I know now.

We could argue all day, my friend. There's NO guarantee you'll end up with quality with good seed and crappy lights. In fact, as I said, you have a better chance to succeed with the better light and junk seed. Just because you're willing to walk him through, this doesn't mean he'll succeed....does it? Many people here listened very well and failed their first time or so.

I am pointing out that you CAN do a start with $100 and add as you need. As I pointed out, buying nutes now is a waste since you DON'T feed seedlings. You're looking at a few weeks to a month before needing nutes, this gives you time to both save money to buy AND read so you have an understanding of what you want and need.

Your comment on the pot (pail)...come on, man! :rofl:

Speak for yourself as far as fortunate there, my friend, I sacrificed a few bags in order to scrape up enough for my first HPS, I knew light to be a major factor in success. ;) Those days without smoke paid off big time, I am now smoking as I please, and much better weed too!

Optimal? A light makes it optimal? WOW! OP, do as you please, just remember you get what you pay for....lights included! And no need to pm here, ANYONE here will be happy to help you, regardless of choice you make! ;)

Where is this guy? It makes a lot of difference.

PuffinNugs said:
i think it costs a little more than $100 to get started. bag of cheap soil $10 )most likely will have to have nutes or additives like perlite if really cheap soil)or get good soil at around $25/ 2cuft, light/ballast combo $120-250 (400/600hps), some ventilation $100, some circulation fans $15-30. bloom nutes usually $10-40

you could get by with a first grow in a cold basement without a exhasut fan like in winter time, cause thats what i started with but good circulation is a must (wall mounted/ stand up household fans)

Yep, several ways to save money and still do it up right! Some things just aren't needed right away, some things are a total waste of money.

My point was that you CAN get started fairly cheap, but some things just aren't worth skimping on. Buying bulbs and fixtures with the plan to replace them in the near future is a waste of money, if you can't afford it right away, save the money for a real light and go from there. I'm not saying bagseed is the answer either, just giving an option (and a good one at that) and showing how there are ways to start up on a budget without throwing money away.

I just hate to see people fall into the cfl lighting trap. Sure, some have succeeded, how many of those who did are still using cfl? How many of those success stories were resulting in airy buds? Remember that many who start with cfl, end up adding more and more bulbs as they progress in grow, the plant outgrows the light ability...budding takes serious light! Also remember that, when adding more and more bulbs, you're adding more and more heat, and using more and more electricity.

As I said above, I myself stopped buying bags and saved money, I relied on friends for my smoke...don't have to now! :) A little sacrifice, a bit of saving and a bit of reading/planning really paid off!

I'm with you on this Roddy. After taking 3-4 months to grow a plant, it is heartbreaking for someone to end up with a fraction of an ounce. The plants take the same nutrients, time, and care whether you are using CFLs or HIDs. And you actually end up with lower electrical costs with a HPS.

Latest posts

Back