Growing MJ First Time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lazyjoker

Reaction score
Am start to grow it soon.If anyone knows sometihng am missing or should add let me know I want to make sure I do it right.I read all the tuts and eg and understand.From nutrients to lighting to transplanting.Yez i know about the every 3 weeks , secondary food also.

1st way am do it:

1.Cover seeds paper towel etc.
2.Plant in a big pot fill it to half.With good soil using all the nutrients it needs.Water it.
3.Water with half to one ounce of water daily until it sprouts.
Which kind of lighting should I use it a small plant am starting out with.
250 watt Halide or 250 watt Sodium
And also am growing it in a dark place like closet.

No but i saw in another post something about takes out hot air, ill probly get something like that also, does aluminum foil covering the box do any good to heat and i alredy jus thoguht of some supplys like stick for writing Date, cup, water, plant pot, soil, 250 watts bulb, lamp bendable, mini air fan.

no. aluminum foil wont change the temp.
whats the bendable lamp for?

few more q's
how bigs your growing space.
and I dont get what your saying about how your gonna cool down your space
HID lamps(high pressure sodium and Metal halide) they make alot of heat. you need some way to get rid of the heat

Which kind of lighting should I use it a small plant am starting out with.
you can either us a fluorecent or a metal halide.

Funky is right, you can use flouro or halide but you can use sodium too. MH is good for veg and some will tell you it has a drastic difference. I've done both and they both work fine.
You will probably need to vent or you will have problems with heat depending on how cold it is in your area. The easiest way is some sort of inline fan and a ventable hood.
Foil is not the best choice as it causes "hot spots" which may or may not change temperature but will affect the way they grow, some mylar will do better but will cost you a couple of bucks.

if u can u could just paint your grow area in flat white paint..this works as well as mylar..yeah foil is not recommended..

i always thought the foil was used to spread light around the plant. and yes a certin amt of A.Foil could hold in the heat so yeah id be a little watchful if your trying to keep a desent temp.

Aluminum foil is one of the least effective reflectants. Flat white paint far surpasses it in reflective quality.
You "need" ventilation, not only for temperature control, but for fresh air for the plants to breath.

Ite am not gona use foil,and am gona get a inline fan and is fox farm planting mix good for start the growing?And is this inline fan good enough:

Suncourt Inductor 8 In-Line Duct Fan
Description:
The DB208 is a 8 diameter fan. Balanced polycarbonate blades for quieter operation. 120 volts, 0.45amps, 500 maximum boosted CFM.

UPDATE IN KNOWLEDGE:

Should I start with FOX FARM Ocean or planting mix or Light water?

Should I use a 250 watt High Pressure sodium system?
http://www.hydroponics.net/i/384234

And should I use 250 watt sodium as a begging bulb if I shudnt use that system?

If I put 4 reflective mirrors around the pot would that help the lighting?

The feet is 1.5 ft by 1.5 feet its a small amount of grow.

How many Plants should I use per Pot?Is 4 or more acceptable?

Also what should the cycle be for the starting seed?

And whats the mininum possible of lighting it needs for seed and regular veg?

if you dont have money for mylar or visqueen plastic. go to wal-marts sporting goods and look for emergency blanket. there about a buck 50. there real mylar just not as high mil.

If I put 4 reflective mirrors around the pot would that help the lighting?
never use mirrors. youll get hot spots. mirrors dont acually reflect light, they absorb it.

Latest posts

Back