Growing Problems past the seedling stage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8 ft ought to do it. Stick one end in the top hole, down outside of tent into fan which blows into filter. Make sure fan is facing correct direction.)
Filter can sit on ground with fan on top stand up style.

Bubba

That ought to do it. I usually get feminized seeds, photo period not autos. I like Indica or indica dominate, shorter, stockier usually disease resistant. O G Kush, Dos Si Do, Purple Dawn, Hindu Kush, Afghani etc.

Bubba
OK, so what's the difference or definitions of photo period vs auto? Why not autos? Sounds easier to me. I am here to learn. :)

8 ft ought to do it. Stick one end in the top hole, down outside of tent into fan which blows into filter. Make sure fan is facing correct direction.)
Filter can sit on ground with fan on top stand up style.

Bubba,
Got it. There are good drawings on the Mars-Hydro website with different configurations. It will be a while before I get there. How long does this take to the point where I have a plant and I need to start stuff....like trimming and stuff? I really got ahead of myself-I even have a digital microscope (don't know how to work it yet) for looking at the buds etc....

Got it. There are good drawings on the Mars-Hydro website with different configurations. It will be a while before I get there. How long does this take to the point where I have a plant and I need to start stuff....like trimming and stuff? I really got ahead of myself-I even have a digital microscope (don't know how to work it yet) for looking at the buds etc....
For very best results, have it already to go BEFORE you start. Set up the whole thing and run it empty to check how heat and humidity are. Then sprout seeds and go!

Bubba

Auto flowers will start budding whenever they want.
They are great for fast turnover because you can go seedling to harvest in as little as 60 days depending on strains.
I like photos myself. They take longer but you have time to correct any issues in veg state before you flip to flower.
Also I like to clone if I find a keeper plant.
Can’t do that with auto flower.

All preferences though, find what you like.
Perfect it and grow some bad ass stuff.
Carty and gmo grow some amazing auto flowers.

Not always best for starting out, only because if something does go wrong less correctable. Less margin for error, but what the heck it's a learning experience. Some folks grow them exclusively.

Bubba

Auto flowers will start budding whenever they want.
They are great for fast turnover because you can go seedling to harvest in as little as 60 days depending on strains.
I like photos myself. They take longer but you have time to correct any issues in veg state before you flip to flower.
Also I like to clone if I find a keeper plant.
Can’t do that with auto flower.

All preferences though, find what you like.
Perfect it and grow some bad ass stuff.
Carty and gmo grow some amazing auto flowers.
Got it....I'm learning and I really appreciate your time.

For very best results, have it already to go BEFORE you start. Set up the whole thing and run it empty to check how heat and humidity are. Then sprout seeds and go!

Bubba
OK...I have 4 that are doing so much better than any before. Maybe will get to step 2 - actually grow something past the first 2 leaves. A little bigger and I will send progress pics.
Need another seed mat? BTW when do I not need a warm seed mat for the little plants? I have the little "starter" tent and it stays right about 70 deg with 80ish humidity with the mat set at 75. It will be interesting to see what temp the big tent holds. What do you use to keep the grow tent warm enough? I have the Nursery tent (see how I named it now) in the living room. We still go out to work and let the house cool while we are gone but the seed mat keeps the tent warm enough. The grow tent will be in my office which is not all that warm and the tent will be against the outside wall. I will set it up when it gets here for testing (like you said). I have 3 temp/hum gauges so I can put a couple in it to see where the temp is to start with. Humidity is another thing. Do the plants and just general environment get the humidity up enough? So many questions.......Have at least 2 sprouts to plant today in the Solo cup-the official grow container for cannabis.🙂

Yes, that's what was being referred to. Possible to interfere with your 12/12 once you put them to flower.
I've never used a seed mat, seeds spread out between wet/damp paper towel, in zip lock, set on shelf. Those heat mats are something I need to look at, I think they are necessary/helpful with cloning.

Bubba

Last edited:
Auto's always seemed easy to grow to me. Don't have to worry about light leaks either. 😁
Add this guy to GMO and Carty. I'm unexperienced as they come with autos, but have seeds, and its a matter of time.
I'm envisioning a 4x4 with 600 watt hortilux HPS I have the use of with about 8 to 10 3 cu ft pots for some Skunk #1 autos
I recently came into.

Bubba

Hello, Julie, Happy New Year. You'll learn as you go along. Just don't over water your babies. I tend to be a little bit heavy on the watering size myself. Have fun growing.
1641071698568.png

So what does that mean "light leaks".. Letting extra light in? I'm confused. 😕
When growing photos you don't want any light hitting the plants during the 12hr dark phase or it can stress the plant and cause it to hermi.
With Auto's it doesn't matter. They flower no matter what light and dark hours you use. They Automatically flower after a certain time. Hence they are called Auto's.
Most use 20/4 light cycle on Auto's to get the most out of the plant. Also cloning Auto's are a waste of time unlike cloning photos.

Must be setting up tent....
Nah....Read it wrong or it changed to next Saturday. Started 4 more cups. Three look very good, one looked marginal and one didn't seem to do anything. I put the last 2 in the same cup that I will give up on in two weeks and throw it out anyway.
Now I'm getting some growing action. One has a bunch of leaves coming up out of the center of the 4 leaves and the other 3 are coming along better now too.

Nah....Read it wrong or it changed to next Saturday. Started 4 more cups. Three look very good, one looked marginal and one didn't seem to do anything. I put the last 2 in the same cup that I will give up on in two weeks and throw it out anyway.
Now I'm getting some growing action. One has a bunch of leaves coming up out of the center of the 4 leaves and the other 3 are coming along better now to
A little news. The
OK...I have 4 that are doing so much better than any before. Maybe will get to step 2 - actually grow something past the first 2 leaves. A little bigger and I will send progress pics.
Need another seed mat? BTW when do I not need a warm seed mat for the little plants? I have the little "starter" tent and it stays right about 70 deg with 80ish humidity with the mat set at 75. It will be interesting to see what temp the big tent holds. What do you use to keep the grow tent warm enough? I have the Nursery tent (see how I named it now) in the living room. We still go out to work and let the house cool while we are gone but the seed mat keeps the tent warm enough. The grow tent will be in my office which is not all that warm and the tent will be against the outside wall. I will set it up when it gets here for testing (like you said). I have 3 temp/hum gauges so I can put a couple in it to see where the temp is to start with. Humidity is another thing. Do the plants and just general environment get the humidity up enough? So many questions.......Have at least 2 sprouts to plant today in the Solo cup-the official grow container for cannabis.🙂
d 1  2 days old.JPGC 1 and 2  2 wks 010422.jpgB 1 6 wks old 010322.JPGB 2  6 wks 010422.jpg
The first cup is D1 at one day old (yesterday), the 2 cup picture is C1 and C2 at 2 weeks and the last 2 are B1 and B2 and they are 6 weeks old. I know; right? How come the last two are so small? It took until last week for them to grow. They both sprouted up really tall and just sat there with no change for 4 weeks. With the input I got I filled the cup enough to cover/protect the stem but they were already starting to grow better.
I have both grow lights on in the nursery tent - one is set on blue (read that somewhere that blue is for seedling and veging phase) and the other is set on white. The usual temp is between 69 and 71 and the humidity varies from 75 to 90 percent. The new babies are under plastic bags for extra humidity. It worked with C1 and C2 so I covered the newest ones. I try to start 5 or 6 and get 2 or 3 that break ground. I am encouraged by the growth. I did water all of them with 3 tablespoons of water on Sunday. The potting mix is still fluffy and airy.
In other news (lol) I received the grow light and fan for the tent. Now I just need the tent. Tracking shows it not shipped yet but the original delivery day is this Saturday. Very excited to set it up. I think that's it for now. I am really pleased with progress this time around. Thank you.

Latest posts

Back