Growing Problems past the seedling stage

Julie Y

Reaction score
If you need heat, put a small heater with thermostat to where you want it. Don't set it to blow directly on plants....
Hello.....I might need to move the tent onto the other table and pull it out from the wall to access the power cord openings on the backside. The stainless shelves came and they are about 3' tall and 13" deep and 2' wide. I originally thought to put it inside the tent to use for babies but that might be too much. I'm thinking I'll use it outside. I can zip tie stuff to the shelves like the outside like the power strip.. The filter came today and I think the shelves will be where the blower and filter go. The temp in the tent without anything hooked up hangs around 67. Ambient humidity 63. I forgot about the seed mats; I ordered a second one. It works really good and that should keep the temp right. Ordered the future bags-1 gallon plastic and 3 and 5 final fabri bags.
I saw the net in the picture of some older plants from Airbone. Who all uses the net? It looks like it might get tangled in the plant?

Bubba

Reaction score
They just got in the way for me, but I'm a mess and many folks find them quite helpful. Big colas that bend the stalk over....not
that bad of a problem to have, would be an example of a good use. I think in a larger tent, it was explained to me you can grow taller sativas all wound around and threaded through the netting. I have no idea, sounds fishy, but who knows.

Bubba

Julie Y

Reaction score
They just got in the way for me, but I'm a mess and many folks find them quite helpful. Big colas that bend the stalk over....not
that bad of a problem to have, would be an example of a good use. I think in a larger tent, it was explained to me you can grow taller sativas all wound around and threaded through the netting. I have no idea, sounds fishy, but who knows.

Bubba
I'm torn. More than one of the reviews said they were hard to get the plant untangled. Ended up cutting it off. Especially if you want to keep it ot will be for a little bit; babies are still small but growing more. It's so exciting to make progress,

ROSTERMAN

Graphic Arts Extraordinaire !
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello.....I might need to move the tent onto the other table and pull it out from the wall to access the power cord openings on the backside. The stainless shelves came and they are about 3' tall and 13" deep and 2' wide. I originally thought to put it inside the tent to use for babies but that might be too much. I'm thinking I'll use it outside. I can zip tie stuff to the shelves like the outside like the power strip.. The filter came today and I think the shelves will be where the blower and filter go. The temp in the tent without anything hooked up hangs around 67. Ambient humidity 63. I forgot about the seed mats; I ordered a second one. It works really good and that should keep the temp right. Ordered the future bags-1 gallon plastic and 3 and 5 final fabri bags.
I saw the net in the picture of some older plants from Airbone. Who all uses the net? It looks like it might get tangled in the plant?
Look on Youtube for how to scrog here is one
You need to bend and push most of the growth back under the net except for the bud stalks.
Watch Video
And if you do decide to do it make sure you defoliate most of the leaves under the net as shown in the videos

Bubba

Reaction score
I'm torn. More than one of the reviews said they were hard to get the plant untangled. Ended up cutting it off. Especially if you want to keep it ot will be for a little bit; babies are still small but growing more. It's so exciting to make progress,
Maybe in a really large tent with scrog sea of green setup. 4x4 or smaller, I got rid of them.

I top them, put styrofoam "spacers" (from infinity fans packing) under them to adjust height.

Bubba

Julie Y

Reaction score
You will want to remove at least some of those Velcro things. Those screened openings are where you fan will pull fresh from bottom, exhaust out above. If your exhaust hole isn't all the way up, one of mine is in the middle, you can push your vent tube through further and tie it at the top, but you will lose a little room. Looks like you are ready to go.

Bubba
Construction phase. I turned the tent and table so I could access the both 2"-3" ports. Hung the light and put the cord out the top hole. Put in one seed mat and used the lower hole. I think I'll bring the fan sensor in from the top so I can rig it to be easy as the babies grow. The metal shelves I bought will hold all the electrical, the fan and filter, and stuff. Have a heavy duty short extension cord coming so no more problem routing power strip to the shelves. I see zip ties in my future as I set everything where I want it. Neat and tidy.
The plants are doing amazing. I debated about bringing the nursery tent into the big tent and decided to leave them where they are for a few more days while I finish set up and testing.
Ambient temp in the tent is 69. What is optimum growing temp that you have found that works? If I need to I will get a small heater and warm up my office. And the recommended humidity? Inside the nursery tent it can get up 90 and I have to unzip the tent to try to regulate it. Trying for in the 70s range? The lights stay on the 18 on/6 off schedule for now? Very Cool!!

Attachments

Julie Y

Reaction score
Maybe in a really large tent with scrog sea of green setup. 4x4 or smaller, I got rid of them.

I top them, put styrofoam "spacers" (from infinity fans packing) under them to adjust height.

Bubba
It just looked like I would make a mess of things trying to keep it adjusted. I don't think I want to touch them very much.

Julie Y

Reaction score
All set up. Running testing. Left one seed mat on and the temp is rising. I think I will move the 4 bigger plants tomorrow when I think it's stable. Pretty sure I don't need the fan just yet. This is good. Thanks all for your input and advice.

Attachments

Julie Y

Reaction score
The tent is running between 66 and up to 70 if the house heater is on. Humidity by hygrometer (or whatever that Temp/Humidity thing is called) is 60% and the fan probe is reading 50%. Now that I know the base line what am I shooting for to set temp and humidity? And how do you add humidity? My plants are still small and in their cups and that's where the humidity is generated in the mini grow nursery tent. BTW 2 brand new babies popped up this morning. I'm tempted to get another nursery tent and put it in the big tent for a while. Input would be welcomed. Thanks everyone. 🙂🙃🙂🙃

Airbone

Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Optimal temp is mid 70’s
If you can keep it there lights on and off that’s best.
Humidity is better higher on vegetation state.
Once you flip to flower lower humidity.

I run around 50-55% in veg and around 30% in flower.

Julie Y

Reaction score
If you need to add humidity a small humidifier for your tent helps
Thank you...The tent is only 2 x 2. My room is small too so I think I can warm up the room and so the tent. If I only need 50% I have that reading from fan sensor so maybe I'm good. I think they are still too small to move. I tend to get over excited and I want things to happen faster. I'm not patient. I'll post a picture to get your input on whether they stay in the nursery or move to the Big Kid tent. Have a Nice Evening. J 🙃

Latest posts