Growing Problems past the seedling stage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you need heat, put a small heater with thermostat to where you want it. Don't set it to blow directly on plants....
Hello.....I might need to move the tent onto the other table and pull it out from the wall to access the power cord openings on the backside. The stainless shelves came and they are about 3' tall and 13" deep and 2' wide. I originally thought to put it inside the tent to use for babies but that might be too much. I'm thinking I'll use it outside. I can zip tie stuff to the shelves like the outside like the power strip.. The filter came today and I think the shelves will be where the blower and filter go. The temp in the tent without anything hooked up hangs around 67. Ambient humidity 63. I forgot about the seed mats; I ordered a second one. It works really good and that should keep the temp right. Ordered the future bags-1 gallon plastic and 3 and 5 final fabri bags.
I saw the net in the picture of some older plants from Airbone. Who all uses the net? It looks like it might get tangled in the plant?

They just got in the way for me, but I'm a mess and many folks find them quite helpful. Big colas that bend the stalk over....not
that bad of a problem to have, would be an example of a good use. I think in a larger tent, it was explained to me you can grow taller sativas all wound around and threaded through the netting. I have no idea, sounds fishy, but who knows.

Bubba

They just got in the way for me, but I'm a mess and many folks find them quite helpful. Big colas that bend the stalk over....not
that bad of a problem to have, would be an example of a good use. I think in a larger tent, it was explained to me you can grow taller sativas all wound around and threaded through the netting. I have no idea, sounds fishy, but who knows.

Bubba
I'm torn. More than one of the reviews said they were hard to get the plant untangled. Ended up cutting it off. Especially if you want to keep it ot will be for a little bit; babies are still small but growing more. It's so exciting to make progress,

Hello.....I might need to move the tent onto the other table and pull it out from the wall to access the power cord openings on the backside. The stainless shelves came and they are about 3' tall and 13" deep and 2' wide. I originally thought to put it inside the tent to use for babies but that might be too much. I'm thinking I'll use it outside. I can zip tie stuff to the shelves like the outside like the power strip.. The filter came today and I think the shelves will be where the blower and filter go. The temp in the tent without anything hooked up hangs around 67. Ambient humidity 63. I forgot about the seed mats; I ordered a second one. It works really good and that should keep the temp right. Ordered the future bags-1 gallon plastic and 3 and 5 final fabri bags.
I saw the net in the picture of some older plants from Airbone. Who all uses the net? It looks like it might get tangled in the plant?
Look on Youtube for how to scrog here is one

You need to bend and push most of the growth back under the net except for the bud stalks.
Watch Video
And if you do decide to do it make sure you defoliate most of the leaves under the net as shown in the videos

I'm torn. More than one of the reviews said they were hard to get the plant untangled. Ended up cutting it off. Especially if you want to keep it ot will be for a little bit; babies are still small but growing more. It's so exciting to make progress,
Maybe in a really large tent with scrog sea of green setup. 4x4 or smaller, I got rid of them.

I top them, put styrofoam "spacers" (from infinity fans packing) under them to adjust height.

Bubba

You will want to remove at least some of those Velcro things. Those screened openings are where you fan will pull fresh from bottom, exhaust out above. If your exhaust hole isn't all the way up, one of mine is in the middle, you can push your vent tube through further and tie it at the top, but you will lose a little room. Looks like you are ready to go.

Bubba
Construction phase. I turned the tent and table so I could access the both 2"-3" ports. Hung the light and put the cord out the top hole. Put in one seed mat and used the lower hole. I think I'll bring the fan sensor in from the top so I can rig it to be easy as the babies grow. The metal shelves I bought will hold all the electrical, the fan and filter, and stuff. Have a heavy duty short extension cord coming so no more problem routing power strip to the shelves. I see zip ties in my future as I set everything where I want it. Neat and tidy.
The plants are doing amazing. I debated about bringing the nursery tent into the big tent and decided to leave them where they are for a few more days while I finish set up and testing.
Ambient temp in the tent is 69. What is optimum growing temp that you have found that works? If I need to I will get a small heater and warm up my office. And the recommended humidity? Inside the nursery tent it can get up 90 and I have to unzip the tent to try to regulate it. Trying for in the 70s range? The lights stay on the 18 on/6 off schedule for now? Very Cool!!

Attachments

• tentsetup5.JPG
    tentsetup5.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 13
Maybe in a really large tent with scrog sea of green setup. 4x4 or smaller, I got rid of them.

I top them, put styrofoam "spacers" (from infinity fans packing) under them to adjust height.

Bubba
It just looked like I would make a mess of things trying to keep it adjusted. I don't think I want to touch them very much.

All set up. Running testing. Left one seed mat on and the temp is rising. I think I will move the 4 bigger plants tomorrow when I think it's stable. Pretty sure I don't need the fan just yet. This is good. Thanks all for your input and advice.

Attachments

• IMG_3584.JPG
    IMG_3584.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3585.JPG
    IMG_3585.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3581.JPG
    IMG_3581.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3582.JPG
    IMG_3582.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3583.JPG
    IMG_3583.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 12
The tent is running between 66 and up to 70 if the house heater is on. Humidity by hygrometer (or whatever that Temp/Humidity thing is called) is 60% and the fan probe is reading 50%. Now that I know the base line what am I shooting for to set temp and humidity? And how do you add humidity? My plants are still small and in their cups and that's where the humidity is generated in the mini grow nursery tent. BTW 2 brand new babies popped up this morning. I'm tempted to get another nursery tent and put it in the big tent for a while. Input would be welcomed. Thanks everyone. 🙂🙃🙂🙃

Optimal temp is mid 70’s
If you can keep it there lights on and off that’s best.
Humidity is better higher on vegetation state.
Once you flip to flower lower humidity.

I run around 50-55% in veg and around 30% in flower.

If you need to add humidity a small humidifier for your tent helps
Thank you...The tent is only 2 x 2. My room is small too so I think I can warm up the room and so the tent. If I only need 50% I have that reading from fan sensor so maybe I'm good. I think they are still too small to move. I tend to get over excited and I want things to happen faster. I'm not patient. I'll post a picture to get your input on whether they stay in the nursery or move to the Big Kid tent. Have a Nice Evening. J 🙃

Big moving day today. Tried to yesterday however one of the ratchets for the light didn't work (jammed or something) so I had to wait for Amazon delivery. Temp 74 humidity 36%. I can bump up the humidity, I think. I'll put a dish of water on the seed mat.
This is going to interesting. I went back through my notes and the two that I moved today are almost 8 weeks old, on Monday. They popped up, made 2 little single adult leaves and then didn't change for weeks. I followed all the advice and let them dry out and raised the soil level to support them better. They loved it and finally took off. Does anyone have an 8 week old plant that post a picture of, please? Thank you. I know the difference is going to be ridiculous. I have a science project. Well, unless this can happen and the plants will be going into the next stage - grow like crazy.... 🙃 🌱

Attachments

• B1tent.jpg
    B1tent.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 9
  • B2tent.jpg
    B2tent.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 11
  • firatday012222.jpg
    firatday012222.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 10
When is transplant day. They are growing like crazy. It's finally happening-they are growing. The newest ones are catching up in size to the old ones. So, I have the 1 gallon plastic bags but I also have two 3 gallon fabric pots. Should I move the two oldest now? Also if you look at first old one you can see a bunch of yellow spots. I checked the PH of the water I'm giving them and it was 8ish. Hoping that was it. And old age.
yellowspots1.JPG
yellowspots1.JPG
Old first plant - Copy.jpg
old second plant.jpg
New plant.jpg
the whole gang.jpg

You need bigger pots, those solo cups only look half full. Looks MUCH better. They will take off.

Bubba

They are going nuts...So, go into the one gallon plastic bags now before into the big fabric bags? Thats the white bag in the picture next to the 3 gallon fabric pot I was going to use. The bag first then another move to the big fabric pot?
I need more potting soil. I have the Fox Farms Ocean blend stuff and I got the information to use this from the grower seed supplier. I also have Fox Farm big bloom and some bat guano.
They are sprouting out more leaves from the main stalk. Those are the closeups. Also wondering if I plant into the big pot and it's a male I have to get rid of it? I'll hate throwing it out; or I'll get adventurous and try cooking with it. The bags are cheap though if I can't recycle them.
The tent is working beautifully. Right now the temp is 69 and the hub is 55. Most of the time it's 72 or 74. The hum seems to be steady. I took out the seed mat today - that was just lazyness because the plants didn't need it any more.
Well, do I get with it and transplant the whole gang? Just the 3 that have nodes? Is that what it is when the plant starts branching out? I do appreciate comments and advice. Happy Valentines Day. 🙃 🌱
3 gal and 1 gal.jpg
5 gallon.jpg
3 gal and 1 gal.jpg
1644886275630.png
3 gal and 1 gal.jpg
branch detail1.jpg
1644886275630.png
3 gal and 1 gal.jpg
5 gallon.jpg
branch detail1.jpg
branch detail2.jpg

Attachments

• branch detail 3.jpg
    branch detail 3.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 3
Oh, and I have the fan set up and running on level 5 in at the bottom right and out the top left and through the filter. I can't smell it in my room. The tent smells wonderful when I open it.

Oh, and I have the fan set up and running on level 5 in at the bottom right and out the top left and through the filter. I can't smell it in my room. The tent smells wonderful when I open it.
Just set cruise control to "grow" you're set.

Bubba

I was going to comment that you never addressed pH thus far and was what the main problem in mine was. You get nutrient lock out, meaning it doesn't absorb certain nutrients at different pH. I got a cheap pH meter on Amazon and pH down. my watering sprayer is around 2 liters and I use around 0.75 ml to get down to 6.3 pH and my water is at 7.8-7.9 pH.

Latest posts

Back