Growing Problems past the seedling stage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just think back to Ole' grandma, put the jars in boiling water and when they are hot tighten the lid. Cold vacuum will do the rest.

Cool... Well now I'm looking at the sous vide on ebay. I have vacuum sealer that I use all the time to freeze meat when we get a deal. 👍 🙃
An old member here said he vacuum sealed before the bud was cured and said his trichomes all exploded. I have not seen that but just to be safe, it is probably a good idea to have your buds dried and cured before vacuum sealing.

They just don’t work for me choxie. They eat one little square of a brownie and enjoy a nice buzz. I can eat half the pan with no results except a few pounds on the scale. I have actually more than once set a timer to stop and really see if I thought I was high or feeling it. Could never tell a difference. Maybe if it were made with actual flower instead of trim… I’m not sure but I wouldn’t waste flower on that. I do make a tincture every few weeks out of only flower for my son-in-law who has been using it for chemo relief which I do feel immediately with just a few drops under the tongue. It’s the only “edible” that actually works for me. I’m sure that it’s because I smoke so much weed my tolerance has built up for it.
OK, looked up the "how to" for tincture. The recipe calls for 190 proof. Is that something you can get at the grocery store? Like moonshine? Can you use other really strong alcohol like tequilla?
I think I will buy some tincture at the dispensary next time. I haven't tried it yet.

OK, looked up the "how to" for tincture. The recipe calls for 190 proof. Is that something you can get at the grocery store? Like moonshine? Can you use other really strong alcohol like tequilla?
I think I will buy some tincture at the dispensary next time. I haven't tried it yet.
I buy grain alcohol from the liquor store. Not all of them are allowed to sell it but several of the liquor stores sell it. It’s 190 proof and better at releasing the trichomes and sticky stuff from the herb. I’ve used the frozen recipie which I usually go 5 days shaking it three times a day. Last time I used a machine which was much easier but had more plant matter in it that I filtered a few extra times. It’s way better than edibles imo but I also use flower not trim in my recipe.

I buy grain alcohol from the liquor store. Not all of them are allowed to sell it but several of the liquor stores sell it. It’s 190 proof and better at releasing the trichomes and sticky stuff from the herb. I’ve used the frozen recipie which I usually go 5 days shaking it three times a day. Last time I used a machine which was much easier but had more plant matter in it that I filtered a few extra times. It’s way better than edibles imo but I also use flower not trim in my recipe.
You can also buy grain online if you can’t find it locally

It's interesting the different ideas. The same article that said 230 deg is the optimum temperature also said sous vide is the best way to go. But water boils at 212. (unless I flunked science class-a lot) I will look around some more. I've wanted a sous vide for a while. Still did not pull the trigger there cause they are expensive.
I did order the MagicalButter DecarBox. Looks simple enough-silicon box with a hole for temperature probe and a remote display so you can see the internal temp of the box.
What kind of machine did you get? 🌱 🙃

I use the oven 240 degrees and time depending how sticky the weed is 15-30 minutes. If you have good product your tincture will work great

Everclear. At most liquor stores around hear. Or you can buy a reflux still. I did.

Bubba

The alcohol proof is state dependent so some allow 195, 190 and I think in California it's 150. But either way you want a higher proof as water doesn't really do anything for you.

In the past like in college and stuff, we just threw all the stuff into oil and cooked at 300 degrees for 15 minutes and strained the junk out. Tasted kind of strong of dankness, but it's easy and fast

The alcohol proof is state dependent so some allow 195, 190 and I think in California it's 150. But either way you want a higher proof as water doesn't really do anything for you.

In the past like in college and stuff, we just threw all the stuff into oil and cooked at 300 degrees for 15 minutes and strained the junk out. Tasted kind of strong of dankness, but it's easy and fast
Back in the early 80’s, me and my friends were going to a Dead show and one buddy had a bunch of ditch weed that tasted terrible. We decided to make brownies but didn’t know about the butter thing. We just cleaned the seed and stems out and ground it up by hand and three a quarter ounce into the batch of brownies. We each ate a normal sized brownie. After about a half hour, we were pissed because we felt nothing do we each ate another brownie. Another half hour later, nothing so we each ate 2 more. About a half hour later we looked at each other and burst out laughing for about a half hour. We got BAKED! Really good show though..

Everclear

So after all this growing and stuff. Why doesn't the top shelf stuff I see, not as frosty as what a lot of people here are posting? Paid $65 plus tax which, in California, came out to $94 ish I think for an eighth.
The smell from the same strain, but probably different seed origin, is nothing compared to mine. The flavor isnt anywhere close nor is the amount of trichs.
Im guessing they just do everything fast without any quality to their work?

Back in the early 80’s, me and my friends were going to a Dead show and one buddy had a bunch of ditch weed that tasted terrible. We decided to make brownies but didn’t know about the butter thing. We just cleaned the seed and stems out and ground it up by hand and three a quarter ounce into the batch of brownies. We each ate a normal sized brownie. After about a half hour, we were pissed because we felt nothing do we each ate another brownie. Another half hour later, nothing so we each ate 2 more. About a half hour later we looked at each other and burst out laughing for about a half hour. We got BAKED! Really good show though..
i think I was there too OF. That was a good memory

So after all this growing and stuff. Why doesn't the top shelf stuff I see, not as frosty as what a lot of people here are posting? Paid $65 plus tax which, in California, came out to $94 ish I think for an eighth.
The smell from the same strain, but probably different seed origin, is nothing compared to mine. The flavor isnt anywhere close nor is the amount of trichs.
I think the big production stuff, they don’t take the time to hand trim and properly dry and cure like we do saving all that delicious THC in perfect condition like a small grower has the opportunity too. It’s all about money and you know when it’s ready, it’s all ready fast. Automatic trimming and improper drying and curing process is my guess…

Same reason a tomatoe from the market will never taste like one picked from your garden. All those minerals cost money.

Lol I never grown anything successfully except for my first weed batch. Everything else died. Thyme, oregano, chili peppers, cilantro, green onions. List goes on and on.

Same reason a tomatoe from the market will never taste like one picked from your garden. All those minerals cost money.
I'm coming up on harvest. I just noticed yesterday that I can smell the actual aroma of one plant. Don't know which one - Shock Trauma or Glue Cookies.
Watching the trichomes carefully. One plant has big leaves just turning yellow. I read in my book that it's a nitrogen deficiency related to harvest time and don't try to fix it. The other large leaves have started to get woody stems. Trichomes look so cool through the magnifier. Still clear on front 3 plants. Will shuffle around so I can check the other 3. This is so cool. I have the stuff to set them up to dry in the grow tent. I have trays for trimming and new clippers. 🙃 🌱 👍

The fan leaves or sugar leaves turning color is referred to as ‘fade’. But yes. That is to be expected. Got any pics? Bonus points for holding your magnifier and camera/phone steady enough to get a good pic of the trichomes. Sorry. Guilty pleasure….

edited because I can’t type on my iphonvcfghxc…

Last edited:
I'm coming up on harvest. I just noticed yesterday that I can smell the actual aroma of one plant. Don't know which one - Shock Trauma or Glue Cookies.
Watching the trichomes carefully. One plant has big leaves just turning yellow. I read in my book that it's a nitrogen deficiency related to harvest time and don't try to fix it. The other large leaves have started to get woody stems. Trichomes look so cool through the magnifier. Still clear on front 3 plants. Will shuffle around so I can check the other 3. This is so cool. I have the stuff to set them up to dry in the grow tent. I have trays for trimming and new clippers. 🙃 🌱 👍
No teasing! We want some pics. It's always a treat to see or hear a fellow grower having a good time growing, overcoming obstacles. What a reward for all that hard work huh. Congratulations! Now reap it!

Latest posts

Back