Growing Problems past the seedling stage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm coming up on harvest. I just noticed yesterday that I can smell the actual aroma of one plant. Don't know which one - Shock Trauma or Glue Cookies.
Watching the trichomes carefully. One plant has big leaves just turning yellow. I read in my book that it's a nitrogen deficiency related to harvest time and don't try to fix it. The other large leaves have started to get woody stems. Trichomes look so cool through the magnifier. Still clear on front 3 plants. Will shuffle around so I can check the other 3. This is so cool. I have the stuff to set them up to dry in the grow tent. I have trays for trimming and new clippers. 🙃 🌱 👍
Make sure you harvest before the lights come on. I read that's the best time. Something about light making the plant draw up nutrients that can make the smoke a little harsh. You have everything you need in the dry room to maintain humidity and temperature? Must be getting excited.

No teasing! We want some pics. It's always a treat to see or hear a fellow grower having a good time growing, overcoming obstacles. What a reward for all that hard work huh. Congratulations! Now reap it!
These pictures were taken yesterday. I used the Xenvo magnifying on my NEW i12. The pictures are better than the ones I took with my I6.
Will check everyone's progress. How long does it take to turn cloudy. I want to make sure I leave them long enough but not so long as to get amber trichomes. I read they should all be milky and a few just turning amber. That's when they are at the most potent.
All the pictures are numbered. If you have a comment on a bud in particular the file name is the date and the plant number. The ** and Cs are Shock Trauma and the Ds and Es are Glue Cookies. They went from sparkling like diamonds to some having the milky color starting. Is there anything else I'm forgetting to do? I'm only giving plain water now. How many days does this last transformation take? Could they be ready today? Thank you everybody. 🙃 🌱 👍

Attachments

• 052322B2.jpg
    052322B2.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 052322C1.jpg
    052322C1.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 052322C2.jpg
    052322C2.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 11
  • 052322D1.jpg
    052322D1.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 052322D1.jpg
    052322D1.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 052322E1.jpg
    052322E1.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 052322E2a.jpg
    052322E2a.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 052322.jpg
    052322.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 052322a.jpg
    052322a.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 11
  • 052322b.jpg
    052322b.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 10
These pictures were taken yesterday. I used the Xenvo magnifying on my NEW i12. The pictures are better than the ones I took with my I6.
Will check everyone's progress. How long does it take to turn cloudy. I want to make sure I leave them long enough but not so long as to get amber trichomes. I read they should all be milky and a few just turning amber. That's when they are at the most potent.
All the pictures are numbered. If you have a comment on a bud in particular the file name is the date and the plant number. The ** and Cs are Shock Trauma and the Ds and Es are Glue Cookies. They went from sparkling like diamonds to some having the milky color starting. Is there anything else I'm forgetting to do? I'm only giving plain water now. How many days does this last transformation take? Could they be ready today? Thank you everybody. 🙃 🌱 sounds and looks like you're doing everything great. How exciting huh. Just keep doing what your doing. Keep checking on her. Best time to be a grower. Makes ya smile huh? You'll know when she's ready. It can take some time before you start seeing those trichomes turning. Once you are happy with the ratio, snip snip.

Got all my girls tucked in for another cold night We have yet another frost warning. Please let it be the last. It's only a short spell though. It froze for about 30 mintues this morning. That coldest part of the morning ya know. Right before the sunrise. Girls are still not happy about being cold though. Hopefully they don't take it too personal.

Attachments

• 20220523_212743.jpg
    20220523_212743.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 3
A male flower on your bud. I am not certain but it looks like hermies I had at one point due to a light leak in my tent. Nanner is short for banana. Search for ‘cannabis hermie’ and look at pictures then compare to that yellowish growth I circled.
7E0F72AD-1EB8-4C4F-8724-5FED40754BBE.png

A male flower on your bud. I am not certain but it looks like hermies I had at one point due to a light leak in my tent. Nanner is short for banana. Search for ‘cannabis hermie’ and look at pictures then compare to that yellowish growth I circled.View attachment 297829
Great 😥 ... Now what. I took it out of the tent. Thank you for identifying the nanner. I'll check all the rest of the plants but what am I looking for? More nanner things or can I tell if they've been pollinated???? Crap!

Was it a banana? It looked like it. It didn’t look like it had opened. I would use a pair of tweezers to gently pull it out. I would suggest looking over the other buds on that plant as well as the other plants. Also check that your tent is light tight. My hermies came from my freaking cats climbing my tent. All is not lost even if you did get some pollination. Seeded weed isn’t necessarily less potent, just les yield(because of the seeds). My hermie had a seed here and there. It was nothing like plants I have pollinated on purpose. Seeded weed will decrease the value of you are selling it…

Was it a banana? It looked like it. It didn’t look like it had opened. I would use a pair of tweezers to gently pull it out. I would suggest looking over the other buds on that plant as well as the other plants. Also check that your tent is light tight. My hermies came from my freaking cats climbing my tent. All is not lost even if you did get some pollination. Seeded weed isn’t necessarily less potent, just les yield(because of the seeds). My hermie had a seed here and there. It was nothing like plants I have pollinated on purpose. Seeded weed will decrease the value of you are selling it…
Just for us to use....Silly hobby. Hubby actually thought we could save money on buying weed if I grew it. I don't even want to know what I've spent to date. And to have this happen after I have been so careful. Will the rest of the buds create nanners too? The ones on that plant. It is the only plant with the weird shaped buds.
That is a nanner. Probably not viable though. Pick it ..I eat them. Watch for pollen dust...that is a problem. I have my plants in 48 hrs of darkness before harvest and they never see anything but green light again.
I carried it out to the other room. From what I can tell there's only one bud like that.

Just for us to use....Silly hobby. Hubby actually thought we could save money on buying weed if I grew it. I don't even want to know what I've spent to date. And to have this happen after I have been so careful. Will the rest of the buds create nanners too? The ones on that plant. It is the only plant with the weird shaped buds.

I carried it out to the other room. From what I can tell there's only one bud like that.
It could be just that plant. I had 4 plants in my tent and the only ones that had male flowers ware the ones closest to the scratch holes in my tent but were also the sane strain. The other strain did not. You will save money. I forget what I calculated I spent per ounce harvested after 5 years but I think it was in the $10 range. The hermie buds are fine to smoke too. Just squeeze the seeds out and they are like non-pollinated buds(you are unlikely to even get very many seeds at all). Plus you gained experience. If you have light leaks then that was probably the problem. If not, could just be a rogue plant or poor genetics. Don’t beat yourself up about it. It happens. Your home grown smoke will probably blow away what you could buy anyway. It looks to me like you have some time to go before harvest. Just keep an eye on the plants and carefully remove any male flowers you see. As pute said, the male flower may not even be viable so you may not get any seeds at all. I didn’t mean to alarm you.

There will be more. Just pick them. Some strains do this. Watch for dust when picking....relax this is not something to panic over.

There will be more. Just pick them. Some strains do this. Watch for dust when picking....relax this is not something to panic over.
Then what do I do with it? Can I continue to raise to ripe for harvest after I cut off the offensive buds. I think I found at least 2 more buds. How likely is it that the rest of the plants might do the same thing? This one had kind of different shaping to the buds. Can I process the buds with "nanners" into an edible. Can you freeze buds? 😥

Attachments

• 052422hermiesE2.jpg
    052422hermiesE2.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 052422hermiesE2a.jpg
    052422hermiesE2a.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 052422hermiesE2b.jpg
    052422hermiesE2b.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 8
Then what do I do with it? Can I continue to raise to ripe for harvest after I cut off the offensive buds. I think I found at least 2 more buds. How likely is it that the rest of the plants might do the same thing? This one had kind of different shaping to the buds. Can I process the buds with "nanners" into an edible. Can you freeze buds? 😥
You can smoke them or make edibles. They have the same cannabinoids as any other bud. They just may have some seeds. Don’t sweat it. Carefully remove the male flowers. BTW-those are better pics and do show male flowers. If it is just one plant, I would remove that plant. Yes you could make edibles but they will not be the same as if you did do out of ripe buds(less powerful and early harvested buds are more likely to have a ‘jittery’ buzz as opposed to a relaxing buzz). Can you put it outdoors? See if it ripens outside? It might reveg but getting it away from the other plants provided they are not hermies is a good move.

Ha ha. Two weeks to harvest... Nothing but water, watch for nanners pick them if you see them. And 48 hours before harvest put them in total darkness.

Journals are a good habit to get into. Record and date as much as you can about your experience. You'll be more ready next season. It's nice to have all that information. Helps with preventative maintenance. Soon the only problem you'll have is where to keep all that bud!

Apparently we agreed to disagree foggie.
I am sure you have grown more weed than I have so I defer to you. I would just get the offending plant out of the tent. 2 weeks is what everyone says anytime someone asks if a plant is ready. I was told that frequently when I didn’t know how to tell if a plant was finished. After 2 weeks, I round be told ‘2 weeks more’ more often than not. A plant is ready when it is ready. My original answer was 2-4 weeks but without seeing good pics of the trichs, I figured ‘2 weeks’ was a good generic answer. No offense to Julie. I just wanted her to delay harvesting to allow the plants to ripen so she would get fatter buds.

Latest posts

Back