Growing Problems past the seedling stage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha ha. Two weeks to harvest... Nothing but water, watch for nanners pick them if you see them. And 48 hours before harvest put them in total darkness.
Not sure how to tell pending harvest by 48 hours but I will be posting pictures. You know what I thought was that the change of the trichomes went faster. Like in days (3 - 5); not weeks. I'm going to check the girls and water them before I go back and touch "Hermie".... Let it grow it is. I will figure out a new home. Thank you all and all who chime in with answers.
You can smoke them or make edibles. They have the same cannabinoids as any other bud. They just may have some seeds. Don’t sweat it. Carefully remove the male flowers. BTW-those are better pics and do show male flowers. If it is just one plant, I would remove that plant. Yes you could make edibles but they will not be the same as if you did do out of ripe buds(less powerful and early harvested buds are more likely to have a ‘jittery’ buzz as opposed to a relaxing buzz). Can you put it outdoors? See if it ripens outside? It might reveg but getting it away from the other plants provided they are not hermies is a good move.
I have an area near the veg garden that is sheltered. I set it out near the house and potting bench. It got about 1 hr sun today and nice warm weather. I will try a little more sun each day. Do they like full sun for the whole day or is morning sun or evening sun the best? I was originally going to grow outside so it's an experiment.
I have checked the other girls just real quick - all the other bud branches seem more like pictures I see. The Hermie has buds that look like they didn't grow straight. Am I suppose to actually cut off/out the whole bud where the nanners are growing? Or do I do surgery and try to just remove the nanner with tweezers?
Things I would recommend to anyone getting started on a small grow. I got mini tomato cages for each girl. It has saved me so much grief. Each plant is free to be removed from the tent for trimming, watering etc... And removed easily without damage to any of the plants. Is holding up the buds beautifully. Little yellow sticky fly catchers to put in the pot to catch fruit flies. I don't have any now. Had to do two rounds of sticky stakes to get them all. Even hung one up near the top of the tent and it caught a bunch. A Xenvo lens for your smart phone for pictures that are clear. Great for sharing plantings with others - and a jewelers loop or hand held microscope for looking at all the buds ect. I can see the trichomes clearly with these two items.
I was rambling.... Thank you all.... Will go check on "Hermie" after I'm done with the other girls so I don't accidentally get pollen on my hands or shirt. Thank you all..... 🙃 🌱

Do surgery with tweezers. Remove just the nanners. There may be some inside the leaves but I wouldn’t dig around trying to find them. I found hidden male flowers when I trimmed my hermies. The plants like as much sun as they can get but it sounds like you know to introduce them slowly to the sun(hardening off). I have some clones I flowered before they were much past rooting just to see if they were make or female(an experiment to see if it would work and it did) and I put them outside a couple weeks ago. They have not revegged so it may work for you to finish ‘Herman’ outside. Oh and the seeds I got from my hermies were shaped kind of more like a shoe than a normal cannabis seed. I have some but I doubt I will plant them. Too much work to find out they are junk. The male flowers on your plant looked immature so I think you caught them in time where they wouldn’t spray pollen. Sorry. My brain is disorganized tonight(more than usual so my statements are like a deck of cards dumped on the ground…

Ha ha. Two weeks to harvest... Nothing but water, watch for nanners pick them if you see them. And 48 hours before harvest put them in total darkness.
Not sure how to tell pending harvest by 48 hours but I will be posting pictures. You know what I thought was that the change of the trichomes went faster. Like in days (3 - 5); not weeks. I'm going to check the girls and water them before I go back and touch "Hermie".... Let it grow it is. I will figure out a new home. Thank you all and all who chime in with answers.

Was kind of a rotten weather day today. Herman had to endure some breezes and not much sun. Here are pics from this afternoon. The buds are weird shaped and new green things are growing out like alien babies👽. Going to get each of the other girls out one by one and look them over carefully. Only watered microbes and molasses in the water once at 1/4 recommended plus an extra dose of water. Other waterings adjusted to around 6 PH. One tray had runoff - that's a first.
Temp has been up to mid to high 80s these past few days in the grow room and tent. 79 right now. Ambient humidity under 50%.
I know - don't panic.

Attachments

• 052622Herman.jpg
    052622Herman.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 052622Hermana.jpg
    052622Hermana.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 052622Hermanc.jpg
    052622Hermanc.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 052622Hermanb.jpg
    052622Hermanb.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 5
Herman seems OK outside so far. In other words I didn't kill it overnight. There are 2 current pictures from Herman. Seems like it's sprouting again? The buds are not the neat compact buds in the tent.
Speaking of in the tent; one is really getting yellow and the others seem OK. Should I give it a shot of Bat Guano or Blood Meal?
Buds in the tent are compact, light brown/red pistils and clear to cloudy trichomes.
I'm curious if anyone has a guess of what Herman is going to do. Die? Veg? Mature? I assume (I know) that I should keep tabs on the Trichomes for changes? Does harvest happen when the trichomes are ready even if it's a Herman? 🤔 🌱

Attachments

• 052822buds.jpg
    052822buds.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 052822budsyellow.jpg
    052822budsyellow.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 052822Herman.jpg
    052822Herman.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 052822Hermana.jpg
    052822Hermana.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 6
I have a special plant too JulieY. She started blooming a few days after her transplant. I’m not sure either how she will change when the hot summer gets here or if she will stop blooming and revel crazy. For now, I’m along for the ride and chalking it up to experience

Yeah just harvest as usual as far as Herman lol. Your going to get color change close to the end that’s normal.
If you are within a couple weeks of harvest I wouldn’t give them anything but water.
Looking good though.
Very nice job!

Yeah just harvest as usual as far as Herman lol. Your going to get color change close to the end that’s normal.
If you are within a couple weeks of harvest I wouldn’t give them anything but water.
Looking good though.
Very nice job!
Water it is. They SMELL so goooooodd!
I have a special plant too JulieY. She started blooming a few days after her transplant. I’m not sure either how she will change when the hot summer gets here or if she will stop blooming and revel crazy. For now, I’m along for the ride and chalking it up to experience
Right.... I murdered so many babies I'm loaded with experience.. I have my next round of seeds including Sour Diesel. So excited.

Water it is. They SMELL so goooooodd!

Right.... I murdered so many babies I'm loaded with experience.. I have my next round of seeds including Sour Diesel. So excited.
I just went over Herman for 1/2 hr and double checking with the other 5 girls. I found more nanners on Herman with immature seeds and growth like the buds are opening????. Hmmm.... The others still have tight buds and very little changes. Just keeping them stable in the tent- temp, hum, moist and letting them ripen. 🌱 🙃

I just went over Herman for 1/2 hr and double checking with the other 5 girls. I found more nanners on Herman with immature seeds and growth like the buds are opening????. Hmmm.... The others still have tight buds and very little changes. Just keeping them stable in the tent- temp, hum, moist and letting them ripen. 🌱 🙃
Can't believe I did this.. but boy am I glad I seen what the hell I was doing. Ugh! Plants turned a month old today so I decided to give them a .."little" birthday cake(fertilizer). So I mixed up a 5 gallon recipe of Fox Farms Grow Big.. and put it in my 1 gallon watering can, and fed them! Maaan! I made it to the last two before I realized what I just did. Thank God I realized. That could've and probably would've been a disaster. So I hurried up and flushed them all with a few gallons of creek water. They already have been through enough, with the weather and frost and all. Bottom leaves are curled and brown, but the first set of branches are growing, so I am still hopeful. 2 nights ago the temp dropped to 40°F. Should've covered them, but they looked pretty good the next morning. I'm hoping that's the last cold night we have until fall. Lord have mercy these girls are going to kill me! 😊

Can't believe I did this.. but boy am I glad I seen what the **** I was doing. Ugh! Plants turned a month old today so I decided to give them a .."little" birthday cake(fertilizer). So I mixed up a 5 gallon recipe of Fox Farms Grow Big.. and put it in my 1 gallon watering can, and fed them! Maaan! I made it to the last two before I realized what I just did. Thank God I realized. That could've and probably would've been a disaster. So I hurried up and flushed them all with a few gallons of creek water. They already have been through enough, with the weather and frost and all. Bottom leaves are curled and brown, but the first set of branches are growing, so I am still hopeful. 2 nights ago the temp dropped to 40°F. Should've covered them, but they looked pretty good the next morning. I'm hoping that's the last cold night we have until fall. Lord have mercy these girls are going to kill me! 😊
First pic is the smallest. Afghani. Then Gorilla Glue, Blueberry, and Gelato. Finally some 80° days and 60° nights. Hopefully I can omit the weather from my bag of worries.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220529-133634_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220529-133634_Gallery.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20220529-133642_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220529-133642_Gallery.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20220529-133652_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220529-133652_Gallery.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20220529-133702_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220529-133702_Gallery.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 1
Crap.... Another one had two little "nanners". I clipped them off. Will spend the next little while going over everyone super carefully. Herman the original is doing well outside so far.

Yea I guess so. I opened the back flap for air inlet. Thought it was far enough in the closet. Also, dummy me I stopped putting the towel in front of the door crack. Crap.... ☹
All is not lost. Every grow I strive to learn something and the learning curve is always steepest at first. You still will have some nice buds. Heck, I didn’t smoke any weed without seeds for years. It wasn’t common when I was a young pup especially in Rottenchester NY…

All is not lost. Every grow I strive to learn something and the learning curve is always steepest at first. You still will have some nice buds. Heck, I didn’t smoke any weed without seeds for years. It wasn’t common when I was a young pup especially in Rottenchester NY…
Lol. Right. No seed costs another 30-40 bucks per bag back in the day.

Lol. Right. No seed costs another 30-40 bucks per bag back in the day.
Smoke was totally different though between brick weed and sinsemilla. My seeded weed was on par with my non-pollinated weed. Just with seeds I had to clean it. Hard to find double albums to clean weed like the old days.

Smoke was totally different though between brick weed and sinsemilla. My seeded weed was on par with my non-pollinated weed. Just with seeds I had to clean it. Hard to find double albums to clean weed like the old days.
Lol. Double albums were the best. Not to glossy but just enough to let the seeds slide. And of course it had to be a cool album. Like dark side of the moon. Good ole days huh. Remember the MaryGin?

Latest posts

Back