Growing Problems past the seedling stage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is dry ice herb...I know the herb part but what about the dry ice part? 🤔
Oh, I used dry ice to make hash/kief out of the trim. It is similar to bubble hash but no drying necessary. I made a lame tutorial on how to do it on here somewhere. Works pretty well(but as roster notes, it left a lot of material in the trim). The keif stores well too in my freezer. Made it a couple of years ago and it is still good to smoke.

Grrrrrr… I found another bag…
A72F69D2-FA7E-49FE-9371-A918F011EE21.jpeg

You can always do it outside
That's what I did. Put the butter and herb in a large Mason jar, put the jar in a crock pot, filled the crock pot up with water to almost the height of the jar, put the cover on the crock, and plugged it in on the back porch.

That's what I did. Put the butter and herb in a large Mason jar, put the jar in a crock pot, filled the crock pot up with water to almost the height of the jar, put the cover on the crock, and plugged it in on the back porch.
Yep, I saw those instructions too for making butter. I covered all the bases for decarbing. I bought the Magicbutter decarb box, a sous vide machine and a pot lid (no tank) and I have a food saver vacuum system that I use ALL the time for meats etc on sale and I have canning jars. I can vacuum and sous vide it; bake it or jar it.
So, we tried a bud because we ran out (and I wanted to know how bad it is) It's not bad. I've only had one hit and am thinking on it. Definitely more head than body. Not harsh; actually I didn't cough at all. Will have to do some more extensive scientific research. Will let you know. ;)🙃🌱

Just wanted to say High.... I followed the instructions from the "Grow Weed Easy" for the drying and curing. For the technical. The ideal curing should be about 70 deg and 60-62%. I have the humidity packs in and all the jars are in the cure zone and when I pop them to get a breath of fresh air in the morning they smell wonderful. Going for bigger next time.

Just wanted to say High.... I followed the instructions from the "Grow Weed Easy" for the drying and curing. For the technical. The ideal curing should be about 70 deg and 60-62%. I have the humidity packs in and all the jars are in the cure zone and when I pop them to get a breath of fresh air in the morning they smell wonderful. Going for bigger next time.
Oh Yea!!!! I grew Glue Cookies and wow. Impressive high. Definite re-grow contender. I waited till one of the plants was getting amber trichomes-good timing. Great body and head experience. 👍 🙃🍪

How was the yield?
Glue Cookies yielded the best with 2 full jars curing.
Shock Trauma gave me about 1 jar for 2 plants. I think Shock Trauma was the one that gave a really nice high and then it was gone within 1/2 hr to 45 min.. .
The Black gives me a headache and yielded the least with only 1/2 jar. We tried some last week with minimal curing so will let that one stay in the jar for a while. I'm using the 62 humidity pack and the mini hygrometer to maintain the right curing environment.

Result-Glue Cookies is really good. Nice body and head rush with a hit - all the way to my toes. Lasts a long time and does not knock me out. My desire is to grow what I can smoke and enjoy my day and get stuff done. This one is a winner.

I have seeds for Sugar Haze and Sour 60 Diesel (auto). I also bought Super Sour, Amnesia lemon, Gorilla Glue (free sample), Cafe Racer and Orange Hill Special. I'm excited about the next grow. Now that I got one batch under my belt I will properly research the growing and flowering cycle times for each and try to grow ones with similar needs together.
I really want another tent. I have room outside and I am considering growing some in pots. I can't start till August first because of a vacation coming up. 🌱 👍 😉

I should add that most people decarb before extracting the cannabinoids for edibles. I believe my slow cooker method of making cannabutter decarbs during the 12+ hours of simmering though I have no scientific data to support my belief. I do have anecdotal evidence that the slow cooking does decarb since I just made a batch of butter that I tried a bit too much of(it tasted horrible)and I got plowed under. My brownies, which I always assumed decarbing was taking place by cooking the batch at 300 deg F for about an hour, never fail to get me as baked as the brownies. If you plan on making tincture and not cooking with it, I would recommend decarbing the trim.
Hey you....and everyone. We have been enjoying the fruits of my labor. Not bad for a first attempt. Learned A LOT!!!! I have my trim ready for the crock pot. There really isn't very much. How much water do you put in with the butter? And cooks for hours??? Already have the lemon bar and brownie recipes flagged.
Heading off to go camping for a while and when I get back I will be setting up the next grow....I'm so excited.
Talk to you soon.

I fill the slow cooker pot up to nearly the top. You just don’t want the water to all boil off. The water is just disposed of after the cannabutter solidifies on to of the water. I strain the liquid out of the slow cooker pot into another bowl then squeeze all the material with a potato ricer into the strained liquid. Place the liquid in the fridge and let it set in there overnight. You will have a nice chunk of cannabutter solidified on top of the water.

I fill the slow cooker pot up to nearly the top. You just don’t want the water to all boil off. The water is just disposed of after the cannabutter solidifies on to of the water. I strain the liquid out of the slow cooker pot into another bowl then squeeze all the material with a potato ricer into the strained liquid. Place the liquid in the fridge and let it set in there overnight. You will have a nice chunk of cannabutter solidified on top of the water.
I fill the slow cooker pot up to nearly the top. You just don’t want the water to all boil off. The water is just disposed of after the cannabutter solidifies on to of the water. I strain the liquid out of the slow cooker pot into another bowl then squeeze all the material with a potato ricer into the strained liquid. Place the liquid in the fridge and let it set in there overnight. You will have a nice chunk of cannabutter solidified on top of the water
Panty hose works really good for straining. Double it up for a cleaner strain.

Latest posts

Back