Growing Problems past the seedling stage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at 106 degrees today. Will just do plant care with hum and temp. Not the norm for weather. Seedlings are huge
Plant care's the way to go. That includes keeping the soil as consistently cool as possible with good mulching - not always easy in those temps.

Plant care's the way to go. That includes keeping the soil as consistently cool as possible with good mulching - not always easy in those temps.
Yesterday it was 115 DEGREES. We have a whole house fan but no AC. It got up to 92 inside the tent at the worst part of the day. Doing well this morning. Inside the tent 79 with 55%. It's still supposed to be 102 today. So I have these ceramic balls that sit in a dish of water to add humidity. Blue Stone, I think. I have a spray bottle and I was lightly misting them which cooled them and added a good amount of humidity even if it was short lived. The tops of the cups were dry-ish this morning so I went ahead and gave everyone a little shot of water. One of them is stressed so far; big leaves are yellowing.
By the time I get your input I'll just have to be ready for the next heat spell. What should be more worrisome-Temperature or humidity? I am keeping them damp not wet. I had damp off way back when I started this adventure so I'm leary of overwatering.
Holding at 81 with 55%. I'll take pictures tonight. I don't think I showed you the new tent. New and improved-OK, not so much cause I'm using MarsHydro equipment. So just bigger. My tiny little plants were so cute last time. They looked big in the tent but not so much.....OK, Now I have another question. How do you count the vegetative phase. Do you refer to the grow information and flip them to 12/12 at the number of weeks it says for that phase? I thought I read to start counting when the second node appears.
Using your information, I made cannabutter and found a good brownie recipe using cocoa powder. Couldn't find the Baker's chocolate bar. Only in semi-sweet. Oh my......It's an interesting high because its a mix of all the plants. Really good. 🤔 😉 🌱

Imo you don’t want humidity in there if it’s so hot. I have been having high temps in my flower tent these days too as my tent is in my non air conditioned utility room. I saw 92F in there yesterday and cracked the window as much as I could and aligned my circle fan up with the top vent tent to try and draw less hot air into the tent. The plants have not seemed to be bothered but I think if I sprayed them with anything wet during this time it would create a problem for me.

Yesterday it was 115 DEGREES. We have a whole house fan but no AC. It got up to 92 inside the tent at the worst part of the day. Doing well this morning. Inside the tent 79 with 55%. It's still supposed to be 102 today. So I have these ceramic balls that sit in a dish of water to add humidity. Blue Stone, I think. I have a spray bottle and I was lightly misting them which cooled them and added a good amount of humidity even if it was short lived. The tops of the cups were dry-ish this morning so I went ahead and gave everyone a little shot of water. One of them is stressed so far; big leaves are yellowing.
By the time I get your input I'll just have to be ready for the next heat spell. What should be more worrisome-Temperature or humidity? I am keeping them damp not wet. I had damp off way back when I started this adventure so I'm leary of overwatering.
Holding at 81 with 55%. I'll take pictures tonight. I don't think I showed you the new tent. New and improved-OK, not so much cause I'm using MarsHydro equipment. So just bigger. My tiny little plants were so cute last time. They looked big in the tent but not so much.....OK, Now I have another question. How do you count the vegetative phase. Do you refer to the grow information and flip them to 12/12 at the number of weeks it says for that phase? I thought I read to start counting when the second node appears.
Using your information, I made cannabutter and found a good brownie recipe using cocoa powder. Couldn't find the Baker's chocolate bar. Only in semi-sweet. Oh my......It's an interesting high because its a mix of all the plants. Really good. 🤔 😉 🌱
I use semi sweet chocolate for my brownies. That is what the recipe on the box calls for. I think the recipe offsets the semi sweet chocolate with more sugar(I think 3 cups). I am sure cocoa powder will work well too though.

I usually flip to 12/12 lighting 8-10 weeks after sprouting. It is just how I do it and the plants are usually ‘ready’ at that time. I don’t have the height in my grow area(80” tall tent) for tall plants and the longer they veg, the taller they get(sorry about being Captain Obvious).

A high heat index (temp & humidity) like you are experiencing can be tough on plants. Yellowing of leaves as you explained is a sign of heat stress. Under these circumstances we tend to want to provide our plants with water but need to guard against overwatering as this can cause further stress and damage.

Play it sensibly and keep an eye on the moisture level of your grow medium and watch for the possible development of fungus in prolonged high levels of humidity.

Cannabis is resilient and here's hoping you get through this spell without too much stress on yourself.

A high heat index (temp & humidity) like you are experiencing can be tough on plants. Yellowing of leaves as you explained is a sign of heat stress. Under these circumstances we tend to want to provide our plants with water but need to guard against overwatering as this can cause further stress and damage.

Play it sensibly and keep an eye on the moisture level of your grow medium and watch for the possible development of fungus in prolonged high levels of humidity.

Cannabis is resilient and here's hoping you get through this spell without too much stress on yourself.

Attachments

• 090722.jpg
    090722.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 090722a.jpg
    090722a.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 2X4tent.jpg
    2X4tent.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 2X4tenta.jpg
    2X4tenta.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 0
I use semi sweet chocolate for my brownies. That is what the recipe on the box calls for. I think the recipe offsets the semi sweet chocolate with more sugar(I think 3 cups). I am sure cocoa powder will work well too though.

I usually flip to 12/12 lighting 8-10 weeks after sprouting. It is just how I do it and the plants are usually ‘ready’ at that time. I don’t have the height in my grow area(80” tall tent) for tall plants and the longer they veg, the taller they get(sorry about being Captain Obvious).
Thank you Captain..... :cool:

Imo you don’t want humidity in there if it’s so hot. I have been having high temps in my flower tent these days too as my tent is in my non air conditioned utility room. I saw 92F in there yesterday and cracked the window as much as I could and aligned my circle fan up with the top vent tent to try and draw less hot air into the tent. The plants have not seemed to be bothered but I think if I sprayed them with anything wet during this time it would create a problem for me.
Thank you.....I'm nervous but what the heck. There are more seeds.

High temp in the tent yesterday was 90 and the humidity was finally holding at 50%. They were all damp this morning but the soil on top had dry places in some. Everyone got 2 tablespoons of water and I put a tiny cap of food in their water.
They are all starting to look a little pale. I was lazy and didn't check the PH. Fixed that this morning. Do they recover?
The weather is improving today. Only 100 deg forecast. It's perfect right now - 76 deg and 50%. No spritzing today.

Thank you.... 👍 😉 🌱

High temp in the tent yesterday was 90 and the humidity was finally holding at 50%. They were all damp this morning but the soil on top had dry places in some. Everyone got 2 tablespoons of water and I put a tiny cap of food in their water.
They are all starting to look a little pale. I was lazy and didn't check the PH. Fixed that this morning. Do they recover?
The weather is improving today. Only 100 deg forecast. It's perfect right now - 76 deg and 50%. No spritzing today.

Thank you.... 👍 😉 🌱
Home from work. Supposed to be 103 today. Have the extra fan blowing in the room from the hall. 81 with 55% hum. I bought something else for my project. I humidifier. It's nice here - ambient is about 50% but I want to boost it a little. The plants all look about the same. A couple of them have yellowing leaves; one looks like it's "done" and is kind of wilted. :(🌱

Home from work. Supposed to be 103 today. Have the extra fan blowing in the room from the hall. 81 with 55% hum. I bought something else for my project. I humidifier. It's nice here - ambient is about 50% but I want to boost it a little. The plants all look about the same. A couple of them have yellowing leaves; one looks like it's "done" and is kind of wilted. :(🌱
Major heat spell over with for now. One group of plants are really happy. Everyone else looks a little "bleachhh". Yellowing a bit. Thank you all for your support.

Major heat spell over with for now. One group of plants are really happy. Everyone else looks a little "bleachhh". Yellowing a bit. Thank you all for your support.
Ha!!!! the happy ones are autos. I trimmed all the stressed yellow leaves off and gave them a little fresh water and a kiss. Getting the humidity back in the air. Hope I don't see 115 deg in Napa again. At a mellow mid-seventies and 50% hum in the room. Leaving the tent door open and the humidifier on low while I go to work. Thinking I might fire up the big tent but don't want to get ahead of myself. :cool: 🌱

Well, this is interesting. These plants are a strain that were freebies with an order. They are huge compared to the others. The tag says Sour 60 Auto Reg Seed. Do I see buds? I mean, I see buds but why?

They germinated and were planted on Aug 25. All were up but one but it's damaged (growing but being weird-germinated yellow). If I count from the day they hit the soil it has been 20 days for all of them. I also had that terrible heat spell-some days with really low humidity-water was not adjusted for PH.

Please take a look at these. I took them out of the tent and will go find a place for them while I decide (and of course with your input) to destroy them. Making buds at 3 weeks old? Had to have been the heat?

The rest are still yellowish but the new growth is more green than yellow. Don't want to start over but could if I need to. They are all pretty sturdy this time. Did not get the stretch and have nice thick stems. Other than getting fried I suppose they'll be ok as we go along.

So HELP!?!?!?!?! Thank you everyone.

Attachments

• 091422buds.jpg
    091422buds.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 091422budsa.jpg
    091422budsa.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 091422budsb.jpg
    091422budsb.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 091422budsc.jpg
    091422budsc.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 091422wk3.jpg
    091422wk3.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 091422wk3a.jpg
    091422wk3a.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 0
View attachment 308759
What type of soil are you in seed starter by chance?
Seed starter has no feed in it they look hungry
Fox Farm Ocean Forrest.....I have on hand Fox Farm Big Bloom 0-0.5-0.7 liquid. I have Fox Farm Grow Big 6-4-4 and Tiger Bloom Buds and Blooms 2-8-4. I was a bag I had from last year that was closed up. Could it have gotten "old" and lost it's nutrients? This is the list of what I have on hand to give them a boost. 🤔

Male and has to be an auto to so sex so soon . Get it out away from your other plants looks like it is ready to spread its load.
View attachment 308758
I thought so - they (flowers) still look all closed up. They got a free ride out to the back yard. They're going Jimmy Hofa.....I crack me up. There are 2 more of those but they are just still growing leaves. See what a great education I got from y'all - I spotted a really bad problem. 🌱😉👍

Attachments

• 091422auto60.jpg
    091422auto60.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back