Growing Problems past the seedling stage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought so - they (flowers) still look all closed up. They got a free ride out to the back yard. They're going Jimmy Hofa.....I crack me up. There are 2 more of those but they are just still growing leaves. See what a great education I got from y'all - I spotted a really bad problem. 🌱😉👍
Oh, and they are pretty dry right now. They each get 2-3 tablespoons of water before bed at 9. Oh, and I was prepared for the long stretch and only filled the cups 1/2 full. They don't seem to need backfilling for stem support but I could carefully put a small amount of soil. I will end up touching them (leaves parts) to get the soil into the cup. I don't want to damage them more than they already are. :)🌱👍

I thought so - they (flowers) still look all closed up. They got a free ride out to the back yard. They're going Jimmy Hofa.....I crack me up. There are 2 more of those but they are just still growing leaves. See what a great education I got from y'all - I spotted a really bad problem. 🌱😉👍
you should join bingo every third thursday ! bring money no checks !

A lot of people have had problems lately with the ocean forest soil I believe
Maybe someone will chime in on the soil.
You had a high heat problem so the male plant is most likely a Hemi (both sexes) still toss it.
I would maybe try up potting one cup into new soil and see how the plant responds at this point.
I would also look into how you are watering, maybe a little more water and not so frequently (everyday)
This one looks like a hermi most likely from hi heat stress

1663240989432.png

Oh, and they are pretty dry right now. They each get 2-3 tablespoons of water before bed at 9. Oh, and I was prepared for the long stretch and only filled the cups 1/2 full. They don't seem to need backfilling for stem support but I could carefully put a small amount of soil. I will end up touching them (leaves parts) to get the soil into the cup. I don't want to damage them more than they already are. :)🌱👍
Accidently touching the leaves with a bit of soil won't do them any harm. Any soil that may be on the leaves can be gently wiped/brushed away.
2-3 tablespoons of water is not much if they're "pretty dry". I'd suggest they get fed a bit - the ones in the cups that is

Accidently touching the leaves with a bit of soil won't do them any harm. Any soil that may be on the leaves can be gently wiped/brushed away.
2-3 tablespoons of water is not much if they're "pretty dry". I'd suggest they get fed a bit - the ones in the cups that is
So I went with nitrogen deficiency according to my book. Yellow, yellow leaves. Chose the Big Grow 6-4-4. I gave them a dose last night. I have a new bag of soil I just got recently so I can try moving a few to the next container which is the 1 gallon plastic bags. Thank you everyone!!! 👍 😉🙃

A lot of people have had problems lately with the ocean forest soil I believe
Maybe someone will chime in on the soil.
You had a high heat problem so the male plant is most likely a Hemi (both sexes) still toss it.
I would maybe try up potting one cup into new soil and see how the plant responds at this point.
I would also look into how you are watering, maybe a little more water and not so frequently (everyday)
This one looks like a hermi most likely from hi heat stress

View attachment 308776
What about the Fox Farm Frog stuff? Happy Frog?!?! I have one huge new bag of Ocean Forrest....I'll give them another couple days of recovery before I transplant any. I read the website information about Ocean Forrest and Happy Frog. I can see where a mix of the 2 would be good. Froggy says for use in containers and has added mirobes. Ocean has bat guano and fish emulsion. I have plenty of seedlings to experiment with.
They all look happier this morning...I did not water them last night and let them get just a little dry. I added nutrients earlier in the week in one watering and I really think it helped because they all pushed up at least 3/4" each since last night. This morning I gave them 3 tablespoons of fortified water and some had run off. I know they are in minimal soil because I was anticipating having to add soil up the stem because of stretch. No stretch this time.
Oh and the other weird thing is one of the Auto 60s did not want to sprout. I won and it did sprout however is was bright yellow from the start - all yellow - no green. The little bit of food from earlier this week did something because the older big leaves that were yellow have turned green. 🤢

Julie, just for future reference, if you spot a male getting ready to pop, wet it down with a spray bottle with plain old tap water before moving it. It keeps the pollen from spreading if they pop when you're carrying them. Got that tip from a friend from another site a long time ago, and it works.
Thanks, Fishcakes! Ya saved me from pollinating my girls when a male snuck into (my mistake) my SCROG. I sprayed him down and took him out in pieces. Not one seed from my girls.

Julie, just for future reference, if you spot a male getting ready to pop, wet it down with a spray bottle with plain old tap water before moving it. It keeps the pollen from spreading if they pop when you're carrying them. Got that tip from a friend from another site a long time ago, and it works.
Thanks, Fishcakes! Ya saved me from pollinating my girls when a male snuck into (my mistake) my SCROG. I sprayed him down and took him out in pieces. Not one seed from my girls.
Darn it.... forgot the spritzing before moving. I remember that from Herman in the last batch (well now that you mention it). I did not spritz, but the flowers were a lot further along on Herman and I did have a few seeds in one of the other plants. I have double checked but my old eyes (hopefully) don't see any pollen pods opened on the ones removed. Now I'm paranoid about the possibility of males and I keep staring at them. 👍 🙃

I am... Our tap water is close to 8. I use PH reducer to bring it down to around 6.X (something). I didn't through the heat spell - me and the kids got cooked.
Your soil PH may be high due to the reg water feeding
How long did they get the high PH feed water

Your soil PH may be high due to the reg water feeding
How long did they get the high PH feed water
For about 10 days while I was under the weather then it was so hot - 115 in Napa is not something I normally see. Making sure PH is checked now

Last edited:
For about 10 days while I was under the weather then it was so hot - 115 in Napa is not something I normally see. Making sure PH is checked now
They are turning greener.... Weird how the mutant Auto 60 turned green. It was bright yellow - all of it. Now the big leaves have changed to green and some of the smaller new leaves haven't turned yet. I thin k they're having a good day. 78 deg, 54% + and an oscillating fan to give them a little breath of fresh air. 😉

They got graduated to the 1 gallon bag pots. The Autos are crazy. They are huge. I separated them from the others because 3 out of the 5 Autos "went male" on me.
Now just watch and wait. 🙃 🌱 👍

Attachments

• 092222repot.jpg
    092222repot.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 092222repotb.jpg
    092222repotb.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 092222repota.jpg
    092222repota.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 0
4 weeks old now. These are the Auto 60s. I have them on 20/4 lights - I think I read that somewhere to start off. I'm not sure if I call this the flowering stage? Does anyone else grow Autos? I'm going to do more research. They are still in the 1 gallon grow bags and I'm not sure if I need to move them to their final pots soon? They are supposed to be ready to harvest in 60 days. Interesting. Would love some advice. Thank you all...... 👍 🙃

Attachments

• 092822Auto4wks.jpg
    092822Auto4wks.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 092822Auto4wksa.jpg
    092822Auto4wksa.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 092822Auto4wksb.jpg
    092822Auto4wksb.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 0
That has all the symptoms of a flowering cannabis plant. You should call it the flowering stage. ;)
Got it...It's just weird cause they're it's so small. I did read "somewhere" not to top an Auto - just let it go. I think I'll move them to their final pot this weekend-using the fabric ones again.
I also fed the Myco bacteria and some molasses water to everyone.
That has all the symptoms of a flowering cannabis plant. You should call it the flowering stage. ;)
Yup!!! So Autos should be planted in their "forever home" right from the start. (Ooops) They grow so fast it can shock them to much to transplant. I ordered both Fox farm soils (Froggy and Ocean) to move everyone to new digs so I will start with the Autos today and see if I can put them in a mix of the 2 soils and see how it goes.
The others are growing like crazy. I will need to move them up soon because there is one I want to try LST. It's a sativa and I did a test bend and it looks like it will do it. Going better this time. 👍 🙃 🌱

Latest posts

Back