Growing Problems past the seedling stage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got it...It's just weird cause they're it's so small. I did read "somewhere" not to top an Auto - just let it go. I think I'll move them to their final pot this weekend-using the fabric ones again.
I also fed the Myco bacteria and some molasses water to everyone.

Yup!!! So Autos should be planted in their "forever home" right from the start. (Ooops) They grow so fast it can shock them to much to transplant. I ordered both Fox farm soils (Froggy and Ocean) to move everyone to new digs so I will start with the Autos today and see if I can put them in a mix of the 2 soils and see how it goes.
The others are growing like crazy. I will need to move them up soon because there is one I want to try LST. It's a sativa and I did a test bend and it looks like it will do it. Going better this time. 👍 🙃 🌱
For info on autos, read @Carty ’s threads. The guy has autos dialed in tight.

Ha ha. Two weeks to harvest... Nothing but water, watch for nanners pick them if you see them. And 48 hours before harvest put them in total darkness.
Could you elaborate about the 48 hours of darkness before harvesting? I followed this advice from you a couple of days ago and, in my usual manner, am now interested in finding out why I did it. Thanks pute

Smoke was totally different though between brick weed and sinsemilla. My seeded weed was on par with my non-pollinated weed. Just with seeds I had to clean it. Hard to find double albums to clean weed like the old days.
Remember that Jefferson Airplane album that folded out into a weed box? Had the song "Milk Train" on it and Papa John Creech wailing on the violin on about every song, if I remember.

Remember that Jefferson Airplane album that folded out into a weed box? Had the song "Milk Train" on it and Papa John Creech wailing on the violin on about every song, if I remember.
I have not seen that album but pretty cool concept. Not sure I would store weed in it though…

It was for rolling the seeds down to the bottom before using in lieu of a shoe box lid. Had a great pic of compressed buds for background. Dang ol Airplane...
Tipper Gore probably had a cow about it(though it is probably a pre-parental guidance album)…

Could you elaborate about the 48 hours of darkness before harvesting? I followed this advice from you a couple of days ago and, in my usual manner, am now interested in finding out why I did it. Thanks pute
Total darkness two days before harvest helps trichome development.

Tipper Gore probably had a cow about it(though it is probably a pre-parental guidance album)…
Oh yeah...1973 maybe. They were still called the Jefferson Airplane.
Total darkness two days before harvest helps trichome development.
I didn't think to check out the zomes' color since I retired the Spider 2000 lights for the season. The AG Skunk #1s just began their drying spell. 'Twas tougher for me to harvest these than the raglar garden stuff. "Oh just another week, no just a few more days." I think I maybe got 50% ambers. Began the process 17 May. First time. Looking for something to do in retirement.

9A88E759-77F8-42F7-8848-131AF3DFAEF6.jpeg

the album sleeve had cigars lined up

Hello all.... Grow is going well. Here are the regulars. Today is the end of week 4 of veg. (They were a new seedlings 7 weeks ago.) They are just starting to show little white pistils at some of the junctions of the nodes. Am I supposed to have a bunch of white hairs on the bud sites before I switch them to flower?
Which I also read in one of my books to hit them at the start of flowering by leaving them in darkness for 24 hours then start 12/12 lights.
I did not trim (or now looking back "butcher") them so much this year. I left a lot of big leaves and just tried to move them out of the way. I have a ton more bud sprouts. I used mini tomato cages last year to control the plants. This year that are a lot healthier and are putting up a lot more buds so I am going to use the scrog I built last year and I ordered one for the other tent so they will have lots of room to spread out. Love to hear what you think all....Y'alll Thank you so much. 🙃 :1956marijuana: 👍

Attachments

• IMG_4933.JPG
    IMG_4933.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4934.JPG
    IMG_4934.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4936.jpg
    IMG_4936.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4937.jpg
    IMG_4937.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4938.JPG
    IMG_4938.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 0
If they are photoperiod, they won’t show pistils until you flip to 12/12 lighting. I think what you are seeing are called stipules.
F0379C02-782E-4C07-8FCD-70C5AFEE115D.jpeg

You can flip to flower (12/12 lighting) when there are ‘alternating nodes’ which means the nodes are not opposite one another. I usually flip to flower about 8-10 weeks from when they sprout. It depends on how much space you have vertically(and somewhat horizontally). Plants can stretch 2-3 times their ‘veg’ height when you flip to flower. I would do some pruning for air flow and bud site light exposure. More pics of the whole plant and the entire interior of the tent would be helpful to see.

It sure did! Great save for that pic. My album is so scratched from playing on the Sears quadraphonic stereo system with 28 grams of tracking that it now sounds like it has a large chorus of cats who hiss throughout the entire performance. Wonderful memories though.
Maybe just reefer dust in the grooves 🤣

You can flip to flower (12/12 lighting) when there are ‘alternating nodes’ which means the nodes are not opposite one another. I usually flip to flower about 8-10 weeks from when they sprout. It depends on how much space you have vertically(and somewhat horizontally). Plants can stretch 2-3 times their ‘veg’ height when you flip to flower. I would do some pruning for air flow and bud site light exposure. More pics of the whole plant and the entire interior of the tent would be helpful to see.

Attachments

• IMG_4939.JPG
    IMG_4939.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4940.JPG
    IMG_4940.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4941.jpg
    IMG_4941.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 0
I would let it veg longer but I don’t know how big your grow area is.

I would let it veg longer but I don’t know how big your grow area is.
It's crowded - 30" X 30". I staked them to guide the outer bud branches up instead of out. I think you are right. They're just not quite there yet. Thank you. 👍 🙃

Latest posts

Back