Growing Problems past the seedling stage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's crowded - 30" X 30". I staked them to guide the outer bud branches up instead of out. I think you are right. They're just not quite there yet. Thank you. 👍 🙃

Attachments

• IMG_4943.JPG
    IMG_4943.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4944.JPG
    IMG_4944.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 0
your plants are looking good and healthy

i would defoliate the big fan leaves from the bottom for bettter air circulation

your plants are looking good and healthy

i would defoliate the big fan leaves from the bottom for bettter air circulation
Done.....Better air flow like you said. Lower 1/3 just removed the big fan leaves. I went way too crazy with trimming last time and I don't think it helped bud growth in the long run. Letting them grow with out too much interference this time. I put the scrog in that I made last year. See how that goes with watering and so on. They're pretty cozy in there.
Just a note-Mine went nuts crazy growth when transplanted. (from Solo to 1 gal bag to 3 gal fabric pot) I let them get pretty dry, mixed Froggy and Ocean together in nice damp crumbly consistency, sprinkled Myco in, don't touch roots at all, add rest of damp soil and give it a good water. I topped them a few days ago and that seemed to get them all excited some popped up 3-4 inches seemly overnight.
Was going to chop the 2 Autos down (they've been living in a small clear plastic greenhouse in the back yard) but I don't have an empty tent for darkness. On to ebay to find a mini grow tent for hanging and curing. The trichomes are turning cloudy and I see 1 or 2 amber. Better get it coming. 🙃 :1956marijuana:

Today is the day for the big flip. They are a total of 8 weeks old-5 weeks veg is how I figured it out. I am running out of room and I don't want to push it all the way to root bound.

I one of my books it says to kill the lights for 24 hours then set the timer to 12/12. They came on a 3 am so I turned the light off at 7. Tomorrow morning at 7 I'll turn the lights back on. The timer is reset to 12/12 (7 to 7). And I gave them extra water and a dose of Bloom food last night.

Here's hoping. :1956marijuana: 🙃 👍

Today is the day for the big flip. They are a total of 8 weeks old-5 weeks veg is how I figured it out. I am running out of room and I don't want to push it all the way to root bound.

I one of my books it says to kill the lights for 24 hours then set the timer to 12/12. They came on a 3 am so I turned the light off at 7. Tomorrow morning at 7 I'll turn the lights back on. The timer is reset to 12/12 (7 to 7). And I gave them extra water and a dose of Bloom food last night.

Here's hoping. :1956marijuana: 🙃 👍
The budding switch worked like a charm. Keeping an eye out for "nanners" but I have been extra careful this time. They just seem like beautiful girls. Feeding every other watering. Also Myco Supreme. Humidity is really high but have an oscillating running to keep the air moving. Thinned up from the bottom and took off small growth and any large leaves that were down under the canopy.
The Sour 60 autos have been clipped down to buds and scrap and are in jars curing. They smell wonderful. Will try smoking next month. I dry trimmed this time. (I am not looking forward to these big plants) I liked it better because handling them time they weren't so sticky. Because of the heat spell in the beginning they ended up really small.
Any input today? I have Fox Farm Big Bloom right now. I am ordering the Tiger bloom and a bottle of Cal-Mag. How do I know when to add Cal-Mag? They are only in 3 gallon pots for room in the tent. Pretty sure they have used up what was in the soil. I let them get really dry a few days ago. Some of the smaller stems and leaves were drooping. They perkied right back up within a few hours. Is it OK to let them get dry(ish). I'm worried about the high humidity and mold. Hope all of you have grows going well (or harvest).
PS...The one I'm looking forward to out of this batch is the Gorilla Glue. They grow different than the others - they are really tall and lanky. Had to raise the lights-no mor room to go up.
Thank you everyone..... :1956marijuana: 🙃

Attachments

• 110422budstart.jpg
    110422budstart.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 110422budstarta.jpg
    110422budstarta.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 110422budstartb.jpg
    110422budstartb.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 0
Turned out to be 2... everyone else is putting out the little white hairs. Chop, chop....all gone. I didn't see any "nanners" and it didn't appear they had popped open yet. Thank you....
You may get a seed or two. Those nanners can be stealthy but it shouldn’t affect quality at all. Glad you caught them early.

Next time you get a surprise like that, spray the male down with water before you start hacking. It stops most of the pollen from spreading. That's a handy little bit of advice that Fishcakes shared with me when I had one sneak into my SCROG. Worked like a charm, and no ladies violated.

Yep. I've pollinated one limb on a plant without pollinating anything else by spraying the rest of the plant down with water.

Next time you get a surprise like that, spray the male down with water before you start hacking. It stops most of the pollen from spreading. That's a handy little bit of advice that Fishcakes shared with me when I had one sneak into my SCROG. Worked like a charm, and no ladies violated.
And I was also given that tip during my last grow. I ran around for 5 minutes looking for my spray bottle and couldn't find it. I grabbed each branch and chopped it off under the scrog and shoved them straight into a garbage bag and right out to the garbage can. One good thing is I put in a scrog this year so I can't take the plants out and move them around. I might have missed the obvious. The two were right in the front by the zipper; possible light contamination. Also had a 4 day heat spell when they were small and it got HOT in their tent. May or may not have contributed. All is well....Everyone is happy. Thank you all.... :1956marijuana: 🙃

Hello all.... I'm at about 2 weeks out till 60 days of flowering. I had and issue and had to move everyone out to my camper for overnight then back into the house and another day before I got the tents back up. This stressed them out. So now I have multiple problems.

One plant is getting covered in a white powder on the leaves. The buds don't look moldy. It sort of wipes off. Like maybe I gave too much fertilizer and it's pushing some out on the leaves. It's only one plant.

The other problem looks like calcium deficiency to me. I have not given CalMag before. I didn't need it on the last grow. They all stayed dark green right up to harvest.

Two of the other plants decided to push out new pistils all of a sudden. I keep looking to see if I see a "nanner". All the new push out growth looks like girl stuff.

I really stressed them with my shenanigans, but I had to do. I'm about 2 weeks to harvest so I will only give water from here on other than the CalMag if you 'all think that's what the yellowing ones need. I try keep the PH in the water about 5.7 to 6.2. I won't move or mess wiht them till harvest. Lots of pretty trichomes on all of them. Still clear-looking for the milky phase.

The Sour 60 Auto that I harvested is really good. I must have got the timing right. It has I nice head high and a body rush with it. Made me feel sexy if you get my drift.

Thanks everyone. Merry Christmas!!! Hope to hear what you think is going on. :confused::1956marijuana:

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 121622problems.jpg
    121622problems.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 121622problemsa.jpg
    121622problemsa.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 121622problemsb.jpg
    121622problemsb.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 121622problemsc.jpg
    121622problemsc.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 121622problemsd.jpg
    121622problemsd.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 121622problemse.jpg
    121622problemse.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 0
Looks like powdery mildew, but I would have thought it's too cold for that where you are. Night time temps are below freezing, I gather?

Looks like powdery mildew, but I would have thought it's too cold for that where you are. Night time temps are below freezing, I gather?
Yes. The house gets down in the 60's at night. I kind of thought that might be what it is. What do I do????

Yes. The house gets down in the 60's at night. I kind of thought that might be what it is. What do I do????
I haven't accidentally frozen one of my plants (yet!). Burned my fair share though... I guess worse case is you harvest a little early.

Hopefully someone else can offer some better advice.

If it really is powdery mildew, you can immediately spray the leaves with a 50/50 mixture of milk and water, skim or whatever. It's slower than other stuff, but it will keep it in check while you wait for other stuff. Of course, if you're only two weeks from harvest, it might be good enough to get you there.

I think @SubmarineGirl uses this stuff for bugs but the website says it is good for powdery mildew as well…

https://www.lostcoastplanttherapy.com/
You can get a free bottle on their website…
Yes it is excellent for PM too. Got rid of mine the first application although I did it the recommended three days in a row. I’ve also used it for thrips with good success. I love the product and keep it in my tool box now. Boo is trying it now on his whiteflies he got the free bottle to try.

Latest posts

Back