Growth hormones with aero cloners??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Silver Bullet Special

Reaction score
If I have an aero cloner will I still need to dip my clones into the gel before putting them into the cloner? I would think that this just washes off the clonging gell and does nothing to help with rooting ofther than what the plant does for itself. Would I get liquid cloning mix and just add it to the water res?

Would I get liquid cloning mix and just add it to the water res?

Some growers do that. Just a preference thing. Personally I do not use them.

Okay thanks, wasnt sure 100% is groth hormones were necessary since the cuttings do have hormones in them still.

Growth hormones????? Are you talking about cloning gel or some kind of rooting hormone you put in the water to help root growth?

Ran out of rootone the other day and decided to try it without it.I had been using jiffy chips with the rootone but sometimes its hard to pack the peat titley around the stem. so i squeese out some of the water and start removing the cover and stuffing the peat the in those little plastic disposable dixie cup things.I went to check on them this morning and the roots were coming out of the holes i cut in the bottoms.I think if your cuttings are happy they will root well without the hormones but the hormones will help success.I actually learned to root cuttings of tomatoes a long time ago when and old timer said it was possible to cut a branch off and stick it in the ground and it will grow.I tried it and they looked real bad for awhile but they rooted eventually out there in the blinding sun with no humidity dome or anything.If you want to learn to grow weed break a little ground and learn to garden.I actually started growing after getting busted with some MJ plants.I think i missed growing it wore than smoking it.

i just built an aero cloner. i'll be using gel & a solution for the reservoir.

I might just get gel too to assist in sucess rate I'm going to be using a bubble cloner for my cloning thing.

Latest posts

Back