Gummy recipe?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilDad

Reaction score
Hey y’all!

I’m thinking about doing a gummy this weekend with canna coconut oil. I’ve seen a ton of recipes and ultimately I’m going for something simple, quick, and generally mild resistant.

I don’t want them super strong either. My wife is wanting to try them and she literally won a DARE essay contest in middle-school, so she’s a total noob (and maybe an undercover DEA. It’s legal in VA so now she’s stuck in this marriage with no hope of busting me).

Go at it!

Hey y’all!

I’m thinking about doing a gummy this weekend with canna coconut oil. I’ve seen a ton of recipes and ultimately I’m going for something simple, quick, and generally mild resistant.

I don’t want them super strong either. My wife is wanting to try them and she literally won a DARE essay contest in middle-school, so she’s a total noob (and maybe an undercover DEA. It’s legal in VA so now she’s stuck in this marriage with no hope of busting me).

Go at it!
Check her ID

Helped me produce these treats.

Attachments

• 16E1EB37-4054-4052-9108-89B4E86A0994.jpeg
    16E1EB37-4054-4052-9108-89B4E86A0994.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 6302483A-AACB-4CF8-94F1-85841EA0B472.jpeg
    6302483A-AACB-4CF8-94F1-85841EA0B472.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
As note, the gummies are very good! Super relaxing and somehow the “head high” from the cannabis used is lost in the edible.

Some folks say that Xanthum gum is a good sub for Lecithin, and that’s true when making the oil, but absolutely NOT the gummies. I was slathering the gummy into the mold like I was a brick mason.

I also used honey instead of the syrup, and it had the same basic effect. I’m storing them in vacuum sealed food saver bags contained in a jar in our stack freezer.

Full update!

The gummies haven’t separated or showed any sign of mold! They’re pretty mild*, but it works for me because I’m a lightweight. Since my house smelled like a Phish concert when I was decarb-ing, a few folks wanted to try them too, and I’m getting rave reviews.

* I think if you upped the oil to 1/2 a cup instead of 1/3, they’d pack more of a punch. I don’t think you’d need to scale anything else up to counterbalance that in the recipe. Granted my oil was 1:2 grams of cannabis to fl oz of oil. So you could even stick with 1/3 of a cup if you made a stronger oil.

Did my one and only Gummie at a High Times event with Yoop and Bozzo. Guy was handing them out for free. I asked him what they were and he said that if I'd never eaten one before, just bite the head off and call it quits.
Boy, was he right.

How do you make the cannabis infused coconut oil?
I use hash rosin at 10:1 decarboxalation in the oven at 230f. for a hour then mix it in the oil and keep in the oven at same temp for 90 minutes stirring occasionally.
1 mg dose is pretty strong ymmv.

While that is a tried and true method of decarb I used my electric pressure cooker. I used it out on my deck on a nice day so it wouldn’t smell up the house. Look on YouTube for the instapot method. Worked great

Using MCt oil and rosin it doesn't smell.
Butter however gags us out the house.

I use a slow cooker and cook for 12+ hours on the lowest setting. I don’t decarb. I think the low temp over time decarbs the cannabinoids. Like dogs, butter, 1 mg is strong(depending on the ration weight of the butter to trim. I do 1:1. I make brownies with mine and add a little peppermint extract to mask the cannabis flavor. 170 grams of butter and I cut the brownies into a 16x10 grid so that is about 1 gram per brownie cube. I eat about a quarter of a cube and that is plenty for me. I like a buzz not a stone. My buddy’s girlfriend ate 8 of them and was catatonic for 2 days. Not the brightest bulb in the tulip garden…

I used an instant pot to decarb and to infuse the Coconut oil. Taste good, not super strong. I made one cup of coconut oil with 4 grams of cannabis. Half cup of that oil went into the gummies.
IMG_8408.jpeg

Latest posts

Back