Hamster's LED Flower Tent Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hampster, Are you getting a sense of which of these 2 lights is the better one? As I've mentioned before i'm interested in any input on the top leds. I'm looking to expand my flower room with LEDs and cant decide if i should spend the money on Advanced Diamond series or go with TOP which is less than half the price.

The TopLed light is working well. It is a good buy for the money. My concerns on it are whether or not it will hold up under repeated use. I don't like the fact that it is not modular and you can't just swap out a defective part. So far so good though.

it just occurred to me. hamster is a play on hemp-ster, huh? i am a little slow sometimes...

Lol...no my name actually comes from the fact that I used to joke with my wife that I would name our first son Hamster Lewis. I figured with a name like that he would have to be a successful boxer or running back. Kind of an inside joke with my wife. I used the name when I first got into growing and needed a forum name. Never realized the Hemp reference. I am from Hamsterdam though, so I am a little slow. :D

hammy what wattage are you running? how big is your space? i'm still using a mix of lights with small hids, cfls and white leds. i have one lonely sour diesel under a 78 watt high bay led and will be adding more lights as well as plants. i am planning on building my led lights, well that is if i can get some cash that isn't going to the bills. i'm looking at the bridgelux vero 18's and vero 29's. i have 16 square foot of space and with leds that means 25 watt per square foot. 6 of the 29's would run at 70 watts each or 8 of the 18's run at 50 watts each. believe i t or not i can do the 18's cheaper. that is using 3500k or 4000k. there is also a cree chip that is like the 29 but the veros are easier to work with.

hammy what wattage are you running? how big is your space? i'm still using a mix of lights with small hids, cfls and white leds. i have one lonely sour diesel under a 78 watt high bay led and will be adding more lights as well as plants. i am planning on building my led lights, well that is if i can get some cash that isn't going to the bills. i'm looking at the bridgelux vero 18's and vero 29's. i have 16 square foot of space and with leds that means 25 watt per square foot. 6 of the 29's would run at 70 watts each or 8 of the 18's run at 50 watts each. believe i t or not i can do the 18's cheaper. that is using 3500k or 4000k. there is also a cree chip that is like the 29 but the veros are easier to work with.

never mind hammy, i found your tent size and one of the lights. which light is doing better? i may have seen that too and missed it.

Have 2 Advanced Diamond Series 300`s. Presently on my 6th grow with them, no issues what so ever. Very happy with `em.

never mind hammy, i found your tent size and one of the lights. which light is doing better? i may have seen that too and missed it.

Both lights are doing well. The one light that is not for sale is higher powered and is a lens type not a reflector. The TopLed light has been working well also.

Ahhhh, I finally see light at the end of the tunnel, LED light :D

hey Hamster, let me ask you, maybe i missed it, i could see that one light is 144x3w = 432w, but how much is the other light? what i am interested in is to know how much watts you used and in what area? compared to HPS, how much did you save on electric and did you suffer any loss in bud weight for that same space compared to HPS?

hey Hamster, let me ask you, maybe i missed it, i could see that one light is 144x3w = 432w, but how much is the other light? what i am interested in is to know how much watts you used and in what area? compared to HPS, how much did you save on electric and did you suffer any loss in bud weight for that same space compared to HPS?

Zem it is indeed 144x3w but they diodes are not being driven at 100 percent. They are really around 250w or so of draw. I believe the reason is to increase the units life span. Pretty sure PJ has talked about this.
Can't say much about the other light right now but that will change and i will fill in the blanks when I can. Pretty sure it is 200x3w but not sure if it is driven at 50 percent or not. I know it's not powered at 100 percent.

This is how much water I am going through a week now. Flower tent is full, I believe I have 8 in there. Water consumption is up as the buds continue to swell. Pics from inside later when lights go on.

View attachment 20150101_141845.jpg

That boysenberry is just succulent and fabulous. I can't believe you haul that much water.. These pictures are really nice Hamster.

That boysenberry is just succulent and fabulous. I can't believe you haul that much water.. These pictures are really nice Hamster.

Thanks Rose. Just pics from my Note 4. If I had known cell phones were going to have such great cameras I would have not bought so many damn Digital Cameras over the years. I don't use them.

The Boysenberry really is a great cut. Awesome smoke and it is crazy just how much it swells towards the end. Awesome yield. Easy to trim as well.

Just lovely. How much longer you think?

Latest posts

Back