Hanging grow light?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharonp

Reaction score
I want to take my grow light out of the closet and was wondering where is the best place to buy a decent 6' high hanger? I don't even know what you call it. I don't have a tent and the closet is getting crowded. Any recommendations would be great.

Where you moving it. Use small chains and hooks.

I need something to hang it on because I can't hang it by the ceiling. I don't have anyone to help me do that and I don't trust my legs to stand on a ladder to do it myself. In a grow tent there are poles to hang the light but I am not using a tent I just need that framework. Something simple. I am using a towel rack for one light. I took out the shelves, but that is not very tall. Pot just became legal in Virginia and I am trying to give myself a better grow space.

Put an eye bolt on one wall and another in opposite wall at 7ft or as high as you can reach .
1625162476642.png
You will need to hit the wood beam in wall for strong support or put in good molly inserts to screw into wallboard
1625162625839.png

You would use a big one to fit the eye bolt Easy to use
Once done use a strong line to string from eye bolt to the other and tie it off as tight as you can keeping the line taunt as you can
Then make string hanging straps and attach you lights suspended from the line you put from wall to wall.
Make sure you put the line (rope) over your plants .
You can also make a stick to be used to push the support line higher up if need be (like a clothes line stick is used outdoors to hold clothes off hitting ground.

You may not need the eye bolts if you have 2 good supportive places across from each other to tie off the support line.

Put an eye bolt on one wall and another in opposite wall at 7ft or as high as you can reach .
View attachment 274684 You will need to hit the wood beam in wall for strong support or put in good molly inserts to screw into wallboard
View attachment 274685
You would use a big one to fit the eye bolt Easy to use
Once done use a strong line to string from eye bolt to the other and tie it off as tight as you can keeping the line taunt as you can
Then make string hanging straps and attach you lights suspended from the line you put from wall to wall.
Make sure you put the line (rope) over your plants .
You can also make a stick to be used to push the support line higher up if need be (like a clothes line stick is used outdoors to hold clothes off hitting ground.
That is a good idea. Right now I have been bending the plants because they are getting to close to the light, but then they grow right back up.

Latest posts

Back