hanna combo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orangesunshine

Drama Free
Reaction score
having an issue calibrating---some reason it will calibrate 7 but does not flip to 4---is the probe done in ???---checked in with "bettergrow hydro" for direction and to reassure i was not just having a stoner moment and forgot how to calibrate

My hanna meter got to a point where it would not calibrate. Hydrostoreguy says they normally last a year or so. Mine was around 3 years when I discovered it wasn't calibrating, different hydrostoreguy said it wasn't really worth replacing probe. Not sure if that's true or not.

but...

I decided to get a blue lab guardian continuous read tri-meter. Super easy to calibrate and use. I'll never dip another pen meter, I love the thing!

Runbyhemp said:
Sometimes I have difficulty callibrating mine, especially if left a few months without use and the probe goes dry. It reads buffer 7 as 4, then gives me error.

If I leave it sitting in ph buffer for about an hour it usually comes good again.

I've replaced probe on my ADWA meter a couple of times now and it works like new each time. I have no idea why you would be told its not worth replacing. Could be that it was too much hassle to get you a probe or he wanted to sell you a complete new unit.

He's talking through his rear end anyways.

thanks Runbyhempthe meter never dried out---but---was stored wet in just water---gonna let it sit in the buffer for an hour like you suggest and try to calibrate again---the probe is a bit cloudy but i have seen worse in working order---fingers crossed

RBH-
I have no idea why you would be told its not worth replacing. Could be that it was too much hassle to get you a probe or he wanted to sell you a complete new unit.

I actually think they were out of them. I thought the same thing about wanting to sell me a new one, which he tried. I had already decided to get a continuous meter when that one wore out. Which I did...online. Good to know the real story on probe replacement!

Budders Keeper said:
My hanna meter got to a point where it would not calibrate. Hydrostoreguy says they normally last a year or so. Mine was around 3 years when I discovered it wasn't calibrating, different hydrostoreguy said it wasn't really worth replacing probe. Not sure if that's true or not.

but...

I decided to get a blue lab guardian continuous read tri-meter. Super easy to calibrate and use. I'll never dip another pen meter, I love the thing!

Thats a nice idea. Keep it up.

Latest posts

Back