Hanna HI pH/EC/TDS/temp meter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jibber

Reaction score
I wanted to get opinions on this meter I came across.

Here is the link:

hxxp://www.eseasongear.com/hahi98phmecl.html

Price is $109 shipped. Comes with calibration fluid for everything, plus a "check" fluid which I don't totally understand.

All comments/suggestions welcome.

Thanks!

Just looking at what it can do i would say it looks like a good deal considering a hanna PH is like 30 and a hanna ppm meter will cost you about 50ish bucks.

I dont know anything about it though, other than it looks like a good deal.

Ya it looks pretty good. I would steer away from that 30 dollar hannah meter the one that looks like this

hxxp://www.eseasongear.com/hannahi98103.html

its hot garbage I cannot get an accurate read with it I will check it once pull it out and stick it right back in (lol) and it will read a full point different?

I guess you get what you pay for.

I don't know about that particular model, but that type is so much better than the wand style, much easier to work with.

One other thing... You may or may not know this but the EC and TDS readings do basically the same thing. That is they both check the concentration of chemicals in the water. You will not need to use both, so don't let them confuse you. Some nute brands give you a feeding schedule that lists concentrations in PPM which is TDS measurement. Others give the concentrations in EC. Typically once you calibrate the meter for either EC or TDS then it will automatically be calibrated for the other and doesn't need to be calibrated for both. :)

Latest posts

Back