Hanna Ph Meter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maineharvest

Reaction score
Ive been having trouble with my ph lately so I ditched the ph dropper and spent $125 on a Hann ph meter. It worked perfect down to the tenth. So I used it a couple times today and when I was in the middle of using it and the screen slowly faded away and went blank. I go to turn it on and it does nothing. So I put it down and notice there is water behind the screen inside of the ph pen. Just my luck. Now Im going to prob have to send it back to manufacturer and wait for a new one. Hopefully the shop will just let me exchange it. It says right on it that it is water proof. I need this thing so bad right now and cant go another day without it. Anybody else had problems with these?

I havnt had the problem with a Hana meter but I have dropped my ph meter in solution a few times, each time it has done as you describe.
I remove the batteries, leave it unassembled for a couple of days, then reinsert the batts and try again, it has recovered each time.

Oh, even though it says it is water proof, does that relate to the case or the inner electronic workings? Consumer law here in the UK is a pain with these things, not sure where you are but my advice would be to try & dry it out first before mentioning water damage to the vendor/manufacturer.
Good luck dude. W

Thanks Woody! I thought about opening it up and letting it dry out but I got worried that the manufacturer would see that it had been unscrewed and tampered with and not honor my waranty. The funny thing is, Ive never dropped the thing into any water. It has never gotten wet above the the little probes. That means the water is leaking in from the bottom somewhere and that is not good. I had only owned the ph meter for about 3 hours before this happened. I dont want to mess around with this so Im going to see if the guy at the store can hook my up with a loaner or something.

I do not see how the meter could somehow be wicking water up from the bottom to the display. I think something has to be wrong with the meter.

Sounds like a bad meter for sure....I hve had a few accidentally dunks with my old pen meter and it didn't ruin it even though it was not a waterproof model.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I do not see how the meter could somehow be wicking water up from the bottom to the display. I think something has to be wrong with the meter.

Im thinking just a drop or two leaked into the bottom and then by me handling it and carrying it around it just worked its way to the top. There def is a few water droplets on the backside of the screen. I just sold my car so I have no ride to the shop today.

Well, if you take the batteries out and keep it open where the batteries go, I believe that it should dry out just fine and probably be okay.

I was using mine outside to test nutes I was putting on tomatoes and my friend accidentally knocked it into the bucket, I dried it out and it was fine.

I brought it back to the shop and I got a new one. The guy at the shop said the only thing the warrenty DOES NOT cover is water damage, go figure. I told the guy that the pen had not fallen into any water and had only been in water about a half inch deep so it must have a bad seal somewhere. He shook the pen really hard and the whole screen filled up with water. Def a mistake at the factory.

maineharvest said:
I brought it back to the shop and I got a new one. The guy at the shop said the only thing the warrenty DOES NOT cover is water damage, go figure. I told the guy that the pen had not fallen into any water and had only been in water about a half inch deep so it must have a bad seal somewhere. He shook the pen really hard and the whole screen filled up with water. Def a mistake at the factory.

Lol...a waterproof pen that doesn't cover water damage...*scratches head.
It seems odd to bill something as water proof but not provide coverage for water damage.
Glad it worked out for ya bro....

Lol...a waterproof pen that doesn't cover water damage...*scratches head.

:confused2: :confused2: Ha Ha exactly what I was thinking

I know it just doesnt make sense. It says Waterproof right on the box.

I agree with THG. I have dropped my phone in water twice and after it dried it still worked. I would just make sure there isn't any current going through it till it dries.

Back in the years when cell phones were those huge milk carton sized things, I dropped one in a porta potty--that one never worked again.....

I brought my cell phone into the hot tub with me once. I didnt notice till about 30 minutes later when I got out and needless to say it didnt survive.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Back in the years when cell phones were those huge milk carton sized things, I dropped one in a porta potty--that one never worked again.....

:holysheep: LOL....How the hell did it even hit the water? Those were HUGE....

inventors-of-the-cell-phone-4.jpg

The Hemp Goddess said:
The real question is : How did you get it out to find out it didn't worked? :confused2: Just pickin on ya THG. All the help you've given me , I have lots of love for ya. :48:

A few years ago a guy in new hampshire got caught spying on people by getting into the porta poty and hanging out in the crap. He got sent to jail, got out, and got busted again. All I can picture is THG dropping here big *** cell phone into the black abyss and then this creapo passing it back up the toilet to THG and her politely thanking him. Haha I know its not funny but Im laughing my *** off.

Latest posts

Back