Happy Veterans Day!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YYZ Skinhead

RIP Neil Peart 9/12/1952 -- 1/7/2020
Reaction score
I usually stay off the Coffee Table, but somebody had to post this and I didn't know where else to post it. Reverence our American Warriors. Donate to a Veterans' charity to show your support. Disabled American Veterans and Wounded Warrior Project are some examples. If you know of any other ones, post them!

I am gearing up for the Long ***** Veterans Day Parade later today, which is one of the very few things that Long ***** does well.

lbveteransdayparade.com

ani_usa_flag.gif

is this different from remembrance day or do Americans just hold it (i wont say celebrate, as it's not a really a celebration) on the 9th?

up in Canada, we have remembrance day on the 11th. at 11:11 am everyone takes a break to remember those who have fallen, and give thanks to those who returned.
ever since i was little it's been such an important event to me, i'm always sure to buy my poppy. *had to buy 2 this year, lost my first and feel like such an *** without wearing one, but it's a cause i'm happy to donate (twice) to ;)

it's an odd one though; it's not a holiday. not really something to celebrate. i find it odd to wish someone a "happy remembrance day".. i guess that's why we wear poppies, it says it all; a solemn silent sign of respect.

so i'll just say thank you to those reading this who served. and hope everyone bought their poppy in support, and takes a minute to give thanks.

many thanks to all the vets that put their life on the line for our way of life

only 1 i can think of here on marP is our good friend 4u2Sm0ke---thanks little buddy

I gave to my country many years ago. So I too say happy vets day!!!!

2/75th Rangers checking in.

Thanks to all Vets, regardless of branch or MOS.

Salute!

Veterans Day is the 11th...We will be attending the Mobile Vietnam Wall. And serving dinner at local VFW.

Be sure to.."Thank" A Vet Monday...and a Prayer for the Fallen...

:48:

1/9 Calvary Ft. Hood TX. long ago though..

Thanks Cubbyn i wish all my veteran comrades a very happy veterans day:48:

i went once to the wall, just too many memories,, of fallen comrades

God bless all those that died for our beliefs.

I dont preach god but who else am I going to thank other than the lives lost for our freedom? It aint bush or obama.. .

What is so happy about losing loved ones?

I am thankful for all that have served and remember the ones that did not return with pray.

i think of my fallen comrads all the time, the wall i just can't, been n reminds me of them they over there n me here,, sometimes i wish it was the other way around

pcduck said:
What is so happy about losing loved ones?

I am thankful for all that have served and remember the ones that did not return with pray.

I agree, ducky.

My dad was Navy as was my grandfather, my husband a Marine. On Veterans Day I think of all the veterans who joined the service to protect our country. Those who returned and those who did not. Freedom is never free, today is a big reminder.

I think it's wonderful to honor our living service people on Veterans Day. Around here lots of restaurants are offering free meals.

We also have Memorial Day which is a day to honor the ones who died while serving.

Thank you to all the veterans.

Happy is just a word. I have lost love ones on days that include this word. But I still celebrate because I have Happy thoughts about these people. How bout Happy New Year when I lost my brother to a terrible car accident. Yes its not so happy but he was my brother and I smile when I think about him. So I can say Happy Veterans day. Thanks to all the vets including my self who have sacrificed.

"Most come from the end of the line--small towns you never heard of: Pulaski, Tennesse;. Brandon, Mississipp;. Pork Bend, Utah; Wampum, Pennsylvania. Two years' high school's about it. If they're lucky, a job waiting for them back in a factory. Most have got nothing. They're poor. They're the unwanted. Yet they're fighting for our society and our freedom. It's weird, isn't it? At the bottom of the barrel, and they know it. Maybe that's why they call themselves 'grunts', 'cause a grunt can take it--can take anything."

Key - 7 years' worth

Latest posts

Back