hard soil?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chicken

Reaction score
today, i was just checking up the status on the plant and i was touching the soil on my plant which are over 2 months old. they soil in the middle seem hard. is it suppose to be this way? (i got scared and flushed it because it was also developing yellow leaves on the bottom)

Lower leaf yellowing is usuually a symptom of defficiency, chlorotic 'new' growth is symptomatic of over nute. MJ prefers a loose airy medium. If the top becomes crusted/hard, try useing a regular table fork to loosen the compaction.

would this kill the root by ripping them apart?

is the "N" defficiency be the cause of the yellowing leaves?

you won't want to "dig it up", just lightly loosen the top crust. If it is compacted hard, deeper down, your medium maybe should have had some perlite added. Not much you can do for it this time, but for future referrence.
A nitrogen defficiency can show as 'yellowing' of lower leaves, yes. But unless it becomes chronic, I wouldn't get carried away with nutes. Often lower leaves will show those symptoms ID due to low light intensity and/or slight root bind.

Latest posts

Back