Hardy, mold resistant autoflower strains

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KPT

Hago
Reaction score
looking for some sturdy autoflower strains to put outdoors and not have to worry about mold. it gets pretty humid here during the spring and summer (70-80%RH), and i need some proven strains that people actually know will handle it, most i can find on google is these shitty top fives from seed banks promoting their own strains randomly selecting them as 'mold resistant'. I had some strains in mind feel free to let me know what y'all think/if you got any prior experience.

white widow
master kush
purple bud
starryder (genes from lowryder, good against mold i read)
some type of an afghani strain

also i do have a greenhouse but not sure if that would protect it completely from the humidity (maybe putting a fan in would work?)
is indica or sativa better for this? some forums say sativa is mold resistant since it has looser bud sites which allow for greater airflow, while others say indica does better because of the plant structure or sum

Good luck KPT , mold and bud rot are a ganja farmers nightmare

we are lucky because we have very low humidity out here in eastern colorado

i do not know of any specific strandivars that are mold resistant

but I do know that if one has high humidity , there are three things that help

fans
fans
fans

and to help knock the powdery mildew down , get some Oxidate , that stuff works fantastic at knocking mold down

please let us know what you come up with

Most Afghani strains are fairly mold resistant, but their large hard buds can get rot in high RH.

Bubba

Most Afghani strains are fairly mold resistant, but their large hard buds can get rot in high RH.

Bubba
so they're mold resistant, but at the same time they're not? haha what a hobby i picked out, growing fking weeds, shoulda picked up knitting, would've been easier.
so would strain even matter at all seeing how i have the greenhouse and all that? wanted to grow some dank exotics but they don't seem very resistant and i don't wanna risk harming my yield, idk how much/ if any difference it makes

so they're mold resistant, but at the same time they're not? haha what a hobby i picked out, growing fking weeds, shoulda picked up knitting, would've been easier.
so would strain even matter at all seeing how i have the greenhouse and all that? wanted to grow some dank exotics but they don't seem very resistant and i don't wanna risk harming my yield, idk how much/ if any difference it makes

makes little to no difference in my humble opinion

it is all about management of growing techniques

with a greenhouse , you have the ability to somewhat control the humidity

like I said , fans are your friend

do you have your seeds or clones picked out yet?

knitting , sounds like a good hobby , my gf is knitting this morning

makes little to no difference in my humble opinion

it is all about management of growing techniques

with a greenhouse , you have the ability to somewhat control the humidity

like I said , fans are your friend

do you have your seeds or clones picked out yet?

knitting , sounds like a good hobby , my gf is knitting this morning
alright well that makes me more at ease. wanted to grow some daiquiri lime cause i'm really looking for that one sour strain, but read that it molds pretty easily, especially in my regions. gonna be growing 3 plants so as of now i kinda settled on 2 white widows and maybe the lime or master kush as the third one.
gonna order em in a bit and i'll think i'll be good this season with all the prep and sht i did.

good luck with those flavors

the white widow and master kush are top shelf varietals and you should expect some good phenos in there

I smoked some master kush one night and drove from Kansas to Oklahoma and got lost….strong medicine

Keep your humidity under 60% and good ventilation and you should be ok.
hmm don't know if i'll be able to stick a dehumidifier in there, i'll have to see. fans are gonna be no problem for sure

1644533104967.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome and thanks for being cool.👍
I deleted my post.
We are all brothers here KPT and the more the merrier.

There are differences, some strains will get powdery mildew much easier than others, indicas, not so much. As you will learn, indicas have very heavy buds. While not as susceptible as some strains, in really bad rh, it can cause bud rot.Inside, I have never experienced powdery mildew or bud rot, worst rh was 70s,
Mostly below 65.

Those knitting needles are hard to keep lit and quite harsh, but it's your choice. Lol.

Bubba

alright well that makes me more at ease. wanted to grow some daiquiri lime cause i'm really looking for that one sour strain, but read that it molds pretty easily, especially in my regions. gonna be growing 3 plants so as of now i kinda settled on 2 white widows and maybe the lime or master kush as the third one.
gonna order em in a bit and i'll think i'll be good this season with all the prep and sht i did.
In general, bigsur nailed it. There’s no strain that’ll forgive imperfect conditions, and outdoor grows are privy to those imperfections.

Honestly, I find a great deal of pleasure in the trouble shooting aspects of outdoor growing. I have two kiddos and an 1100 ft^2 house, so outdoor growing is the only option. I live in VA, which is a balmy nightmare, so I have to figure out how to handle the humidity (bring the plants in at night and keep a fan on them during that time).

Afghan is a great strain, and while it has a dense bud structure, there are solutions!

I’m a fly angler, and if you want to find aggravation quickly, get stuck fiddling with flies/leaders/tippet on the side of a stream all day. It sucks. But, if you take 5 minutes, decide to not fish, and just enjoy the sights/sounds of the stream, you get your head right and find pleasure doing “arts and crafts” on a beautiful stream in the great outdoors.

Approach growing the same way. See a problem, troubleshoot it, and take the time to enjoy being in nature. You’ll have weed to smoke, though imperfect it may be, but it’ll be yours in that YOU grew it. Hope that helps!

Latest posts

Back