Harvest some and keep growing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craterlake

Reaction score
Hi folks,
I'm not sure if this is an obvious question, but is it worth it to remove the buds that are ready and let the rest of the plant keep going to mature the smaller buds? I was wondering this as I was harvesting my first plant this a.m. There were a lot of smaller buds all down the plant. This particular plant was started in Sept and put into flower on 1/20. It was definitely ready, nice milky trics! I was just thinking that those little buds might have gotten bigger if I had left them for awhile longer. Any thoughts?

thanks!

I dont think any of it was ready, it was only 39 days in, very few strans if any are ready before 60-65 days, imo

dman1234 said:
I dont think any of it was ready, it was only 39 days in, very few strans if any are ready before 60-65 days, imo

You may be right, but the trics were quite milky and starting to turn amber on some buds. Don't different strains flower at different lenghths of time? This was a bagseed so I have no idea what it is, but it was five feet tall and outgrowing my closet! LOL!!

Always check the trics with normal light, sometimes (HPS )the light will make the trics look amber when they are not.

But yes you can harvest in stages with no problem

Yes, different strains mature at different times, but there is no strain out there that is ready in 39 day--like Dman said, most take 60 or more days. There are some 50 day strains out there, but not many. I don't know how or where you checked the trichs, but they simply are not old enough to be showing cloudy trichs, let alone amber ones.

How and where are you checking the trichs. Do you have any pics?

Are you mistaking trichomes for something else?

-nasty

I was checking in the light of the 400's but I use a lighted microscope also to check the trics and the top buds were very cloudy and some looked to be turnming amber, but either way it's too late for that plant. It was getting way to big and top heavy too. I did sample some before I harvested it and it was good. so I guess I'll hope for the best! In future I will check with the lights off and wait longer! I will also harvest in stages next time too.
thanks for the info, I am forever learning!

The smaller popcorn buds may mature but they really wont get any bigger.

darocsfinest1 said:
:postpicsworthless:

Sorry Daro, but the plant in question I harvested yesterday, so there are no pics. I obviously pulled it too soon! My bad!:( I'll have to wait and see how it turns out after it cures. The other three will be left for at least a couple more weeks or more. I'll get all this right eventually!:) This particular plant had been traumatized a couple times in its life, so I was watching it closly for hermies, which never developed fortunatly!
Have a great day!

Latest posts

Back