Harvest Time (part ii)?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilDad

Reaction score
Hey folks!

I’ve got a Skunk Auto with a pretty dense main cola (planted 5/9, outdoor grow) and buds. Virginia is balmy as hell right now, which is my worry. I put the plants indoors at night and have been defoliating yellow fan leaves to free up the canopy so as to dodge bud rot. But I fear that I’m playing with fire here.

I’m giving up on the amount of amber I’d like; that ship sailed because I waited till May to plant.

Would early/middle of next week sound about right for y’all?

(Nevermind the fungus gnat cameo in one of the pictures.)

@bigsur51 you may not just say “two weeks.”

Attachments

• D4BB66A8-3B09-4255-B992-03D30DC75676.jpeg
    D4BB66A8-3B09-4255-B992-03D30DC75676.jpeg
    936.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 0C386483-F0A7-4DB6-A4AE-895A08E1406B.jpeg
    0C386483-F0A7-4DB6-A4AE-895A08E1406B.jpeg
    818.2 KB · Views: 0
  • D347178E-3B75-4808-B85A-85828AC4EA73.jpeg
    D347178E-3B75-4808-B85A-85828AC4EA73.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • D9195952-9D47-4ACA-BAD0-33D99D39E575.jpeg
    D9195952-9D47-4ACA-BAD0-33D99D39E575.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • C835ABAD-72A4-4B53-BA33-F02BE1C0BDB7.jpeg
    C835ABAD-72A4-4B53-BA33-F02BE1C0BDB7.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 2B77B16F-4239-4793-A312-66D9D13B43B4.jpeg
    2B77B16F-4239-4793-A312-66D9D13B43B4.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Lol I don’t see a whole lot of amber in there.
Dang. That was the worry. I understand that the milky trichomes have more of the “head high” effect. Would you say that I’m close if that’s the goal?

(To be clear, it’s not the goal, but I seriously think that bud rot is creeping up)

Last edited:
Yes sir!
I like the couch lock but from your situation I would say you would be better off pulling early than losing the whole crop.

Nothing wrong with a head high. Any I've smoked like that had a quick, slammin' head buzz, but faded fairly quickly. That's not always a bad thing.

I alternate when picking I have some thats full amber some thats all milky just to change the high , amber when I want lay back and watch the tube milky when washing the bike , for many years I picked on the 8 week mark never checked the colors never really had a problem with the smoke , only been checking last couple years

Hey folks!

I’ve got a Skunk Auto with a pretty dense main cola (planted 5/9, outdoor grow) and buds. Virginia is balmy as **** right now, which is my worry. I put the plants indoors at night and have been defoliating yellow fan leaves to free up the canopy so as to dodge bud rot. But I fear that I’m playing with fire here.

I’m giving up on the amount of amber I’d like; that ship sailed because I waited till May to plant.

I'm up in central Virginia. Just saw your thread and was wondering how it worked out. I managed to make it to early September but bud rot was running rampant around here so I put the old chainsaw on her. Little to no amber, but like you I was afraid to try to go the distance. How'd yours work out?

Hey folks!

I’ve got a Skunk Auto with a pretty dense main cola (planted 5/9, outdoor grow) and buds. Virginia is balmy as **** right now, which is my worry. I put the plants indoors at night and have been defoliating yellow fan leaves to free up the canopy so as to dodge bud rot. But I fear that I’m playing with fire here.

wait 14 more days

I'm up in central Virginia. Just saw your thread and was wondering how it worked out. I managed to make it to early September but bud rot was running rampant around here so I put the old chainsaw on her. Little to no amber, but like you I was afraid to try to go the distance. How'd yours work out?
It turned out just fine! I’ve got three jars of really good weed!

I would have loved to keep them rolling till around now, but in hindsight I’m very glad I chopped them when I did. Next year, I’ll germ in mid-April and take them in to our separate office at nights during the seedling stage to make sure that I dodge any lingering frosts. This will help them to veg in May, and begin flowering in earnest before things get real in July and I’ll put the plants in the office at night during that stretch of time so the buds can dry out at night from the humidity of the day.

I also did indicas, which are more prone to bud rot. But I’m being more thoughtful about strain selection as well. I’m getting strains that flower quickly and harvest lighter. I’m a soft-boi when it comes to tolerance, and the 60 grams I got from these plants will last me the rest of the year with generous sharing.

I did a couple of autos this year...white widow. Pretty much planning to do autos only next year. Nice to have everything buttoned up by the end of July. Like you I don't need much yield to be high and generous all year round. Pound-yielding photos are cool, but the hassle factor is very high in this part of the world.

Latest posts

Back