Harvest time???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The hair on my buds are brown and starting to curl pretty bad. Does that mean that I should harvest them? I've already read and looked at the diagrams of how to know when I should harvest, but I'm not sure. Sorry no pics.

yor need a microscope to look at the trichromes when they are 30 or 40 % amber it is ready to cut it doesnt have anything to do with the pistols (hairs)

Footballjunkie said:
What if I don't have a microscope?
Hey FBJ, you can use a magnifying glass if it's a big one of good quality, but you'll pay as much as you would for a cheap little kids microscope at radio shack. Anything with 10 to 20 power magnification will do.

Let me clear up something for you as well. The trichomes will start changing from clear to cloudy even while more buds are maturing. When about half of the buds from the top to the bottom of the entire plant start turning cloudy, it's time to harvest.

THC is clear at it's most potent. However, a lot of the buds will still be producing new thc when the first buds start clouding. You can harvest the cloudy buds and tray dry them while the rest of the buds mature. Lots of people do that.

I just wait until it's a 50-50 thing and harvest the entire plant. I've never been disappointed.

Good luck to you man!

Footballjunkie said:
What if I don't have a microscope?

Just go into radioshack or the stores equivalent and get one.. they cost $9.95+tax in canada. So thas like what.. $2 US? =)

Latest posts

Back