Harvesting at night

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zem

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have just finished harvesting 3 trees. There was no way to do that in the dark so i turned on a light for hours. I would like to harvest a little every day instead of everything at once because it was back breaking. However i don't want to interrupt the dark period for several consecutive nights as i harvest. I am considering buying a green light. Or maybe harvest during daytime but i read that it is better to harvest at night before dawn. What do you guys think? I guess that tomorrow i will have a bad back pain. Those trees are damn heavy lol

My plants never see light after 24 hours of darkness before harvest. Plants don't see green light. Use it . My wlole basement is green except my veg and flower lights.
Like actual green Lights?
7DE02765-8D21-4F4B-A88A-3B5B1AD450A1.jpeg

maybe I could put one of these in my utility room Where my tent is installed.

Like actual green Lights?View attachment 312278

maybe I could put one of these in my utility room Where my tent is installed.
yes this is the idea. there have been green lights for grow rooms since before the led days but i heard conflicting reports about them and never needed them until now. They are quite safe if you do not overdo it. I would not leave it on all night every night just use it if absolutely needed and it is safer to place it at some distance like a meter plus away. I saw a pic of a cool cap with leds used as a headlight and another simple headlight with no cap. i guess i will get a simple bulb and a simple head light so i could turn on the bulb to see around a little and then use the headlight to see clearly where i am working. Thanks!

Do you think that any green light would work or i have to get one pigmented specifically to emit just the right green for plants? there are green headlights for camping or hunting as well as green led bulbs that are not made specifically for plants..

I get mine at the grow store. I leave them on 24 hrs a day. There are no regular light bulbs in the basement. However the green isn't in the tent. Only the outside. The plants never see anything but grow lights.

IMG_20221029_071234072.jpg

This is the color of my basement.

I don’t enter my tent during dark hours but my tent is located in my utility room which we pass thru from time to time during the dark hours to go to the garage. This past grow I accidentally left one of my upper tent vents wide open after bleach cleaning the tent before the grow. I didn’t notice it until almost harvest time. I’m sure this exposed my plants to light even for just moments at a time. Could have also let the aphids in my tent from above that got into two plants too. If the green light was brite enough to see by, I may change my overhead light to a green bulb

Latest posts

Back