Harvesting Question?!?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ston-loc

Reaction score
So two of my four plants are ready. I managed to trim 2/3's of 2 branches off of 1 of them today after work in like an hour and a half. :eek: I don't have the time to sit and do BOTH of these 2 plants all at once. Big problem to have, right :rolleyes:
I really don't want them to get any more amber than what it has now. So my question is this, can I just lop it off at the trunk and hang the whole plant? Then when I get time trim down branches off of it?
Either that or I need a trimming party. Haha. I'm going to have SO MUCH!
Just the 2 branches that I did today filled almost a full layer across a paper grocery bag :D
So, will that work? Don't want to screw this up at this point. Gotta get these 2 done somewhat soon before the other two are ready... I need more time!!!

lemon.JPG

Well crap. So as soon as I posted this, I also texted my buddy/mentor that has helped me through this. Aside from you all. Just about to take the loppers to the plant and my cel vibrates. He's telling me it's too early. That Lemon is a 65 day flower minimum, and not to go by the trichs. Said if the pistils are still white, and the plant is still as green as it is, it's not ready.
I counted it out and I'm at day 55 of flower, give or take, it's outdoors.
So, I didn't cut it, but my gut is telling me to trust what I've read, and heard from you guys of trichs are the answer. The odd thing though is that the plant IS very green. No yellowing at all yet. WHAT DO I DO?!?! I don't want some uber couch lock herb, but I don't want to chop early either. Been looking at the trics with the $2 jewelers loop off ebay that I saw the link on here. And in the day time. Now I'm second guessing what I thought I was on top of.

Posted a big reply, and my cel screwed up and froze. I'm just kind of spazzing cause I don't want to blow it this late in the game. I do have the buds I cut off today to sample though.

Ohh, and there's current pics in my outdoor grow thread 'stoked on my first grow' if you could take a look. Those are the only current pics I have, and it won't let me double post them. Thanks!

Even with the 20% amber trichs that it has? I'm thinking the same from looks, though the trichs are showing different all over the plants pretty equally.

I think I'd read that harvest sticky a few times and maybe post up a few fresh pics. Everything I've read and heard here says trichs are the best way to tell.

And just saw your edit, the paper grocery bag was just temporary while I was trimming. They're all hanging now. Well the branches are. The popcorns are sitting on screen.

First grow, and stickies aren't really flowing with what I've got going. I mean, that's why I'm asking for opinions. Trichs are showing amber, but other signs aren't. Go by tichs solely? I guess that's the bigest question cause the plant and my "mentor" that got me this far through my first grow are saying different. Ahhhhh!!!!

and the pics I posted in my outdoor grow thread were from yesterday.... Not letting me repost the same pics twice, in this thread. More input please

If you want to post your pic's here just change the size by even 1%.I couldn't find your current pictures. I need to see the plant.

I like to sit back on harvest day start early watch good get high movies all day and stay there trimming and getting ripped till the job is done lol. Its like an all day ritual for me.

From the look of it, I would say that it needs another week or two to bulk up some more but if you want to then snip off one of the small buds and quick dry it then give it a smoke test, if you like the high start the trimming if not leave it for another week or two.

Just remember that since it's been quick dried it will be a little harsh so don't hold that against the actual high it gives as the rest of the plant will be dried properly.

Edit; for those who can't find the pics they are located @ http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showpost.php?p=718203&postcount=50

Thanks for posting the links Sparda, couldn't get it to work on my phone. And thanks for the tip Rose, ran into that problem posting pics before. Good to know.

Gonna quick dry and smoke test. Still kinda confused from what the trichs are showing though...

No prob, let us know what it turns out to be like =) very nice job though btw looks great!

Well :hitchair: sorry for the freak out, haha. CHECK YOUR BATTERIES PEOPLE!!!! My stupid jewelers loop batteries were dying. Hense day after day looking, trics ambering quickly as batteries died even more. New batteries in, and I'm all cloudy with 1 or 2 random ambers throughout. *sigh*
I just didn't want to screw something up on my first grow that has been going pretty well. Now just :watchplant: for another week or two probably, doh. Still going to try the early cuts I took though. All cloudy with minimal amber, probably real mellow. :D Thanks for all the input guys and gals, and the compliment too Sparda

If you have a picture which has already been uploaded on another thread and you want to post them in a different thread too you can use the attach function.

Every picture has it's own ID number, so when you open an attached picture you will get a link like;

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=176346&d=1316484133

Where it says "attachmentid=176346" the 176346 is the pictures ID number.

Once you have that, you can post it in any number of threads without having to reupload (use more hosting space) you can type

[ATTACH]176346[/ATTACH] and it will display like View attachment 176346

Latest posts

Back