Has anyone tried water curing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullshoalsguy

Bud of the Year
Reaction score
I tried it last year with a small batch and it was wonderful to cook with (almost no weed taste) I’m wondering about using it with tincture which I’m just learning about. Thoughts?

First I’ve heard of it. But I did read up. I think I would miss the smell and taste but it sounds like you didn’t like the taste of weed by your comment. Will be watching so I hope if you do it, you will post your efforts

I like the taste of my weed so I won't be washing that away. But to each his own my friend.👍

It will wash all taste and flavor away so don't plan on enjoying it as smoke. If burned it will still smell like burning hay and give off a smell just not like weed does.
You can use it in cooking but most times no need to water cure weed for that either, most times the smell and flavor taste are cooked out when food is finished cooking.
Same with the tinctures I have made not much taste afterwards when the tincture is finished , but if it bothers you try it and see if it helps with the tastes you are experiencing .

If the smell and taste are washed away, you are likely washing away terpenes which have benefits of their own(some similar to cannabinoids as far as anti inflammatory and analgesic properties). I don’t eat my edibles for the taste. Mine are too strong to eat a standard size brownie of so if I want a tasty snack to go with my edible, I will eat a non-infused brownie or ice cream or whatever. I look at it like when cough medicines tasted horrible. Just swallow it quickly and get something to clear the taste from your mouth.

If cold water washes trichomes off weed to make bubble hash,,I have to wonder how many trichomes your loosing washing your weed.

Yes I washed a few batches in the past and did side by side smoke tests myself
Weed high was the same and when scoped the thrics were all intact.
Did not like flavorless weed nor do I endorse doing so.
Washing is different than water curing. So washing your buds made them flavorless? That sucks because I think I need to wash my outside buds since they have quite a bit of crap on them from the trees and weeds that they grow around.

Washing is different than water curing. So washing your buds made them flavorless? That sucks because I think I need to wash my outside buds since they have quite a bit of crap on them from the trees and weeds that they grow around.
No soaked in water for a week(daily water changes) is what Im talking not just washing

Directions​

Here's what you need to do:

Step 1​

After harvesting your flowers, grab your trimming scissors and remove the sugar leaves from each bud. Keep the trimmings to make hash or edibles later on.

Step 2​

Place your manicured buds into your mason jars and cover them with clean, room temperature water.

Cannabis Water Curing

Step 3​

Give your jars a gentle shake and change the water once per day. A clean batch of water will work more efficiently to continually absorb unwanted phytochemicals. Continue this process for the next 5–7 days.

Step 4​

Strain your buds; place them on your drying rack to remove the rest of the water content before smoking.

Directions​

Here's what you need to do:

Step 1​

After harvesting your flowers, grab your trimming scissors and remove the sugar leaves from each bud. Keep the trimmings to make hash or edibles later on.

Step 2​

Place your manicured buds into your mason jars and cover them with clean, room temperature water.

Cannabis Water Curing

Step 3​

Give your jars a gentle shake and change the water once per day. A clean batch of water will work more efficiently to continually absorb unwanted phytochemicals. Continue this process for the next 5–7 days.

Step 4​

Strain your buds; place them on your drying rack to remove the rest of the water content before smoking.
No thanks. I appreciate the info but I would rather smoke flavorful buds with less potentcy than flavorless of higher potentcy any day of the week(and twice on Sunday).

Posted it so you would know I was not just washing my buds and know what I am talking about so others can see
Understood. You edited your post that said you ‘washed a few batches’ to say you ‘cured a few batches’. That was why I asked.

Latest posts

Back