Have another question....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devildog5524

Still learning everyday!!
Reaction score
I was told not to use the Schultz Plant Food, so I decided to go back to All Purpose Plant Food by Miracle-Gro. I know that it is not what is recommended but is all I can afford right now. Now here is my problem: I made a gallon jug of the Miracle-Gro, using the smallest scooper that comes with the plant food. But it seem to get burned EVERYTIME I go and give her the fert when I water her. I use a 1/4 cup of the fert mixed with oxygenated water equaling a full cup. I am 45 days into vegging and am about to go and get a 65 watt floro from homodepot for flowering since she about 22cm.

Note: I am ONLY flowering one plant. Not interested in growing more than 2 plants.

Can someone explain to me what I am doing wrong when it comes to give my baby ferts. I think she is getting pissed off at me because I keep burning her.

Img_05912.JPG

Img_06111.JPG

devildog5524 said:
I was told not to use the Schultz Plant Food, so I decided to go back to All Purpose Plant Food by Miracle-Gro. I know that it is not what is recommended but is all I can afford right now. Now here is my problem: I made a gallon jug of the Miracle-Gro, using the smallest scooper that comes with the plant food. But it seem to get burned EVERYTIME I go and give her the fert when I water her. I use a 1/4 cup of the fert mixed with oxygenated water equaling a full cup. I am 45 days into vegging and am about to go and get a 65 watt floro from homodepot for flowering since she about 22cm.

Note: I am ONLY flowering one plant. Not interested in growing more than 2 plants.

Can someone explain to me what I am doing wrong when it comes to give my baby ferts. I think she is getting pissed off at me because I keep burning her.

hey there devildog.. i too have used mg plant food.. 1/4 of a cup is a bit much.. i would say start out at 1/4 to 1/3 tablespoon to a gallon and work from there.. i dont use it much anymore except for when i get yellowing leaves cuz it has such a high concentration of nitrogen but thats in worst case scenarios.. i personally now use earth juice.. they are like 14$ a bottle and i think 5 bottles in the line up..

my question for you is why are you flowering b4 the plant is sexually mature? and a 65w floro wont b sufficiant lighting.. you will need ATLEAST 3000 lumens per sq ft in veg and ATLEAST 5000 in flower.. if you wait another 2 weeks or so im sure your plant will show sex and will b mature.. the reason i say you need better lighting tho is because there is alot of stretch in between the nodes.. hope this helped.. if u have a question jus asks.. happy growin

The 65 Watt I am purchasing is a little under 3000 lumens, (2700k) I was going to go with a 150 watt hps, but money is really tight right now and I read on here the I would be able to use a 65 watt floro's for flower. That is why I am only dueing one plant.

also I am waiting until the sex has become clear before I start flowering

all i use is mg and i have great results just dilute it a little more ill upload,, or go to my thread all mg works good....bbb

devildog5524 said:
The 65 Watt I am purchasing is a little under 3000 lumens, (2700k) I was going to go with a 150 watt hps, but money is really tight right now and I read on here the I would be able to use a 65 watt floro's for flower. That is why I am only dueing one plant.

how big is your grow space?

posted a pic in" boyfriend threw out blablabla,",,,,ok sorry i dont know how to put the link on here like everyone else can..bbb

BOSTON BAKED BEAN said:
posted a pic in" boyfriend threw out blablabla,",,,,ok sorry i dont know how to put the link on here like everyone else can..bbb

copy and paste the link in wit your response

devildog5524 said:
1) made a gallon jug of the Miracle-Gro, using the smallest scooper that comes with the plant food. But it seem to get burned EVERYTIME I go and give her the fert when I water her. 2)I use a 1/4 cup of the fert mixed with oxygenated water equaling a full cup.

1) Always know what size the "scooper" is.
2) Could you clear this up? I don't know what you're saying here. Are you saying you mix a 1/4 cup of the MG solution from 1) with 3/4 cup of O2 water? Where is this oxygenated water coming from?

Either way, you need to repot to a decent container and quit loving them so hard.

Luck and peace.

you notice how your plant is almost a foot and has no side branches.. you know why??/? not enough light bro... you need more light.. all its doing is streaching towards the light.. and as it gets closer ou lift the light right??
the plant itseft is telling you i neeed more light..help me....
LH

devildog5524 said:

The 2700K is not the lumen output, it is the color spectrum. You are not going to be able to grow a plant with a single 65W CFL. IMO, unless you can get more/better light and some better nutes, you are going to be disappointed. Your plant has stretched an incredible amount and has virtually no budding sites on it. I think that if flowered now with what you are planning, you would be lucky to get 1/4 oz, maybe less.

Thanks guys for all your comments, I just built a new box and am figuring the lumens per sq/ft aas we speak. I was wondering why she was stretching the way that she is. I'm going to get two lights now. Again thanks guys.

I currently have 9200 lumens in a 30 1/4 x 15 1/2 x 42" grow box.

Latest posts

Back