Have I burnt my plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smeg

Reaction score
hi guys

Have I burnt my plants. Here is a picture of my 2 blue cheese. The one on the right was underneath the light, the one on the left next to it in my tent. I'm using the a 600 W light and feeding them with Canna Coco A and B and monster bloom. In my other tent I use a 400 W light and I've noticed that the leaves are looking funny in there too. the picture of my three leaves is from my 400 W tent , the picture and of the two blue cheese is from the 600 W tent. There are about six weeks into flower. What do you think guys
IMG_2552.JPG IMG_2550.JPG
IMG_2548.JPG IMG_2553.JPG
Thanks
smeg

Thats not from your light, looks like nute burn, possibly a PH problem.

Do you know the Ec of your nutes? PH?

Growdude said:
Thats not from your light, looks like nute burn, possibly a PH problem.

Do you know the Ec of your nutes? PH?

:yeahthat:

That does not look like light/heat burn...looks like your ph has been off for a bit.

I have had plants that have suffered bad nute burn like that but I have also had a couple of plants that have suffered bad burning like that from being too close to the light. When I got my cool tubes, I had them 6" from my plants and it was not the heat, it was the IR that burned them. This in turn made them hermie (I think), which ended up messing up 2 batches of plants.

As a precaution, do as the guys suggest, double check your ph and EC runoff and make sure it is within the correct range and move your lights away a touch to prevent it happening again.

There is nothing you can do to correct the damage, I would cut off the burned leaves where possible since the plants could be trying to repair them and wasting energy. After that it is a case of learning from whatever mistakes you have made, wecome to the Mary Jane School of hard knocks (I think its where I mostly live)!!! When I make errors like this, it makes me appreciate things a whole lot more when I get them right lol.
JMO W

Latest posts

Back