Have I missed anything

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't care if it looks like spanky and our gang built it as long as it provides the optimal growing conditions for my younguns. Besides, when I put the osb back in place, you can not even tell there is a closet behind it. Better safe than sorry in Texas, the cops don't give second chances here.

Looks like I can get my first cool tube/air cooled hood at the end of the month. I will have to just fight the heat until then but with the added air from the window unit we got, my grow space peaked out at 86 today, while the outside temp reached 105.8 again. In your opinion, which would be the better hood for my 400w mh and hps, Cool tube, or the air cooled hood? Both rooms can be vented straight to the outside, or one to the attic and the other through the floor like they are now.

I like cool tubes because you can dedicate a cool air supply to them and then vent it without effecting the rest of the room.
I am not as familiar with air cooled hoods, my understanding is they are not sealed units? If so, I think cool tubes would be better.
If possible, can you draw air from underneath your room? crawl space, cellar etc? since the air down there should be cooler than outside ambient temps.
W

Pulling air from outside regardless of where it comes from does not work this summer. The air under the house may be cooler, but when it is 105 to 110 every day, the air under the house is in the high 80s, The lows here at night are 85+ so the inside air is my best option. If the temps would just drop to no higher than 95 I can keep my grow rooms between 75 and 80, but there are no signs that the temps will drop for at least another two months.

I brought my plants in sunday morning and filled up my veg room, with just enought room left for the occ. fan. They have only been under the mh light for three days now, and already they have grown to twice their size. WOW, you can almost watch them grow right before your eyes and its the coolest thing I have ever seen. Man, I'm hooked, you can reel me in now. Wish I would have done this years ago.

Latest posts

Back