Have I missed anything

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Menimeth

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have my two 400w mh/hps lights W/Timers, a 400cfm squirrel cage fan for flower room exhast, 2 70cfm fans for veg room exhast, 3 70cfm intake fans for flower room, 2 10in occ fans (One for each room) 12 1gl pots for veg,4 3gl pots for flower, drip pans, soil/perlite/peat moss mixture, GH FlroGro/Bloom/Micro nuts, PPM Meter, mosture Meter, PH Meter, 2 Indoor/outdoor Thermometers (One for each room, Just picked them up this morning), oh yeah, and 14 newly sprouted plants. Besides the carbon filter, have I forgotten anything?

What are we growing in? Tent, closet...etc? I ask because I use Passive intakes in my tent and they work very well. You might not need fans for intake...jmo

I am growing in a Closet, but it has 2 exterior walls which I can vent through. And it is very hot here.

It looks nice except that you only have 12 1 gallon pots and have 14 sprouts ;)

Yeah, gonna have to fix that when the wife gets home, just wondered what else I needed to acquire before I bring the little ones in from this Texas heat. Don't want to let them sit out there too long.

Menimeth said:
Yeah, gonna have to fix that when the wife gets home, just wondered what else I needed to acquire before I bring the little ones in from this Texas heat. Don't want to let them sit out there too long.

Dude, I have images of you chopping part of your wife off to use as pots!!!! my bad

I would say a good grow bible!
The thing is, you have enough to get started. Sure, things like ph+ and - may be needed but you can pick those up as you go along.
Enthusiasm, determination, desire and PASSION all come from you and I often think those are the most important ingredients and of course, if you run into some issues, which you will, you know where to find help!

Looking forwards to reading your gj and seeing some pics.
Peace W

Yeah, I read somewhere on this fourm where if you have 10 differant kinds of soil and 23 differant kinds of nuts and 60 types of sub nuts and no book on the subject, that you will struggle with your grow, and that made more sense to me than most of what I've learned so far about growing indoors. I have heard several people talk about the Marijuana Grower's Handbook: by Ed Rosenthal, and woundered if it would be a good one to start with. Any input on the best book to start with would help. Thanks

I have the MJ garden saver and Clarkes book on MJ botany...both are on the dry side but packed with info.

JMO, but this site can provide as good or better info than any book, what could the book possibly tell you that couldnt be learnt here.

LOL if you ask the book a question it probably wont reply.

Marijuana Botany is a good book but a little PITA to read. I suggest you the Bible by Cervantes. Easy book with lot's of insights.

And MP of course ;).

I have Cervantes' book, Ed Rosenthal's MJ grower's handbook and "The Cannabis Grow Bible from Greg Green. All are very good and informative books with lots of pics. I have read all three and have found that the Proof readers for all of them must have been stoned when they edited the books cause there are many gramatical errors (but the info is solid). What I like about having the books is that yu don't always know what questions to ask and the books give a lot of in depth knowledge about how and why these plants do what they do.

Dman, The books can never take away the valued input and experience that we all share here, not to mention some of the more hilarious comments that come through. Besides a book has nothing on yer cool avatar pics

Clarkes book is probably the best of the ones I hve.....it is very dry and technical but he covers so much and if you really sit down, take your time and read through it you will come away with a whole new understanding on how MJ works. I believe Hick has a link to it online...so you can actually read through it for free and see if you want to spend the money to own it. I hve it as an Ibook and it was well worth the cost. Marijuana garden saver is a great book for looking up deficiencies and problems....lots of color pics. Also well worth the price.

Hamster Lewis said:
Clarkes book is probably the best of the ones I hve.....it is very dry and technical but he covers so much and if you really sit down, take your time and read through it you will come away with a whole new understanding on how MJ works. I believe Hick has a link to it online...so you can actually read through it for free and see if you want to spend the money to own it. I hve it as an Ibook and it was well worth the cost. Marijuana garden saver is a great book for looking up deficiencies and problems....lots of color pics. Also well worth the price.

:yeahthat: :goodposting:

BIG ++++ on those 2. They are pretty much my ONLY reference books and money VERY well spent.

The Clarke book is linked here, in the resources section IIRC, under breeding. I've had my copy since 1990. The garden saver, only about a year or so.

I really don't know about a straight up 'grow' book, and neither of these are really 'how to' books, so no help there.

Wet

Cool, That is what I need. I have basic understanding of what you need, and what is required, to began growing a small garden indoors, (When I say basic, I mean just enough knowledge to screw everything up quickly) But what I need right now is a troubleshooting guide to have as a Quick referance when no one is available online to answer questions. Some problems that happen to noobs like me need to be solved very fast from what I have been reading. Better safe than sorry.

I have had a problem with the heat in my grow rooms being in the 90s, even though I pull enough air to cycle the spaces once every 60 sec, but is has not helped and I have been pulling my hair out (I am bald now) trying to solve the issue. This morning I realized that the black poly I used on the floor as a mosture barrier was the culpret, so I ripped it out and my temp is sitting at 78 so far but it is still early and the outside temp is only in the mid 80s. I need a white plastic or something similar to it but don't know where to find any, any ideas on what to use?

As I have learned over the last 3 years, nothing can beat experience. Keep grinding away and don't be afraid to screw up.

I bought a box of cheap peel and stick tiles for my grow floor.

Menimeth said:
I have had a problem with the heat in my grow rooms being in the 90s, even though I pull enough air to cycle the spaces once every 60 sec, but is has not helped and I have been pulling my hair out (I am bald now) trying to solve the issue. This morning I realized that the black poly I used on the floor as a mosture barrier was the culpret, so I ripped it out and my temp is sitting at 78 so far but it is still early and the outside temp is only in the mid 80s. I need a white plastic or something similar to it but don't know where to find any, any ideas on what to use?

What is the source of your intake air? What is the temp? Are your lights air cooled? You could actually be impeding your air flow by having intake fans that are much smaller than your exhaust fan.

I don't have cool tubes yet, but plan on getting one for each light soon, but I will have to wait for a couple of weeks before we can afford them. I am pulling around 240 cfm for my exhast, and 120 on my intake. We went and got a small air conditioner for the window next to the closet I am using, and the temp peaked at 88 in the grow rooms today, Which was a full5 degrees cooler than yeaterday, so I may have to live with it until the temps outside drop below 105.

Hey there, sounds like your off to a good start with your list of things. I understand your heat concerns, because i too had a problem with heat build up. Even with a portable a/c that was 7,000 btu's running maxed out my temps where still in the high 80's all the time. I learned that an aircooled lamp is by far the best investment for dealing with heat issues. I had a 6in inline fan connected to the lamp running while the lamp was on only of course. Made sure to vent that to an attic I had or another part of the house so that heated air does not end up back in the grow room. Try and get that a/c in the grow room or contain that cold air in the room containing the a/c as much as possible. you could connect dryer hose from your intake directly to the a/c to get as much as possible. Might look getto lol but you would be getting cold air :) Get creative, sit down smoke a bowl of some sticky ichy and get a pad of paper and start drawing. I always get my best ideas this way. Hope this helps PM me with any questions.

Latest posts

Back