Have you ever won anything on the radio?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

night501

night501
Reaction score
Ive won all kinds of concert tickets and free meals, but the other day i hit the motherload.
I wasnt really even paying attention to the radio but they asked their question of the day: "what WWF wrestler had a leading role in the movie The Princess Bride?" Being a child of the 80's i knew it was Andre the Giant.

So i called in and was the first person to give the right answer.

I won a laptop computer.
I didnt even know what they where giving away but when i went to pick up my prize the lady hands me a box with HP all over it.
I was all like "no way, they just used that box to package whatever i won."
Then i get home and open it to find my new laptop.

Its a HP Pavilion dv6000:hubba:

Yes.

It was in the late 60s and the contest was by a now-defunct AM station called WAMC-770 in New York. The DJs name was Harry Harrison. You had to name 7 of the top 10 songs, which I did. I won $77.00 which was BIG-TIME back them, especially since I was 7 or 8 years old at the time. :D

I remember that I named Jumping Jack Flash, Angel of the Morning, Stoned Soul Picnic. that's all I remember.

I entered a online radio contest and forgot about it. Came home from welcoming my newest grandson to find an email. It was sent on April 1st so I was skeptical. Turns out I won the contest and got a 4GB iPod Nano.:hubba:

I remember when I was younger there was a competition on our local radio station, the question was this ........
In what job do you return home shorter than you went to work (height)

I won it, it was 200 Cd's, I was thrilled until they arrived, they were all demo Cd's and total and utter rubbish, I listened to half a dozen of them and they all went in the bin :rofl:

So ....

What was the job?

Congrats on the new laptop. ;) I use to win consert tickets, cd's and even won a autograph Howard Stern hard cover Miss America book one time. :hubba:

Right on, Night! I'd love to win a laptop. However, I did win a bottle of shampoo once.

HippyInEngland said:
I remember when I was younger there was a competition on our local radio station, the question was this ........
In what job do you return home shorter than you went to work (height)

So ....

What was the job?

The job was working for a circus as a stilt walker?

Alistair Young said:
Right on, Night! I'd love to win a laptop. However, I did win a bottle of shampoo once.

The job was working for a circus as a stilt walker?

A pilot ejection seat tester, they lose 1 inch in height and it takes a week to 10 days to uncompress the backs vertebrae apparently.

Latest posts

Back