Having a Problem With mold i think

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N1XON™

Reaction score
we are having a problem with our plants we have just decovred what we think is mold on 1 of the plants buds heres some pictures if you could tell us what u think and what we should do thanks

0816081511.jpg

mold1.jpg

unfortunatly that is way beyond return. You could try and make BHO or ISO, but i wouldn't use it for anything else.

You are going to have to give your room a nice scrub down with H2O2, to kill any hibernating spores, and majorily up your air movement within your grow room, with more oscilating fans, and I would also up the ventilation and maybe filter the intake.

I would also lower the humidity a tad, when you get this late into flowering, I bring it down to like 20% in the final weeks, as I find this also helps the plant stack up on the trichomes

Yeah I agree with massproducer, I always keep a fan on my plants, that will help prevent future outbreaks.

Yeah listen to mass he's right, if you don't clean the contaminated room of all mold spores and take steps to prevent them this problem will become a recurring one and that isn't good for anyone. And whatever you do don't smoke that bud, mold spores can do horrible things to the human body.

Good luck man let us know how it goes.

well that was only on the main cola and a couple of the other buds so i cut that whole plant down and harvested a wed days early

i got rid of the all the buds that had the mold on them and kept the good buds just because i LST the plant so i had like 6 main colas..

i am going to put a fan in the room tomorrow and i dunno what else i can do to get the humidity down any help on that..

and u think ill be fie with the other buds on that plant if they looked ok

alright so i went thought the whole plant and kept all the buds that didn't have mold in them..

i got rid of the stuff that had the mold.. so i think the stuff that didn't have the mold should be smoke able.. im drying that now should take about a few more days then im going to cure it..

N1XON™ said:
alright so i went thought the whole plant and kept all the buds that didn't have mold in them..

i got rid of the stuff that had the mold.. so i think the stuff that didn't have the mold should be smoke able.. im drying that now should take about a few more days then im going to cure it..

got rid of it? u didnt garbage it did u? cuz u definately could have easily made iso hash out the moldy buds hands down without a prob. i've gottem brik bud thats been moldy a bit before and i usually make it into iso hash thus the isopropyl alcohol kills wat mold spores lie within prior to smokin and u can still get use of wat most would deem a nonuseable product... jmo

well i put it up in the attic for now ill make iso with it.. thanks for the help

When that horrible mold took a hold of a few of my red hair skunks, I would resect (cut away) any contaminated buds and add DRI-Z-AIRS in the room (1kw bloom room, roughly 12-14 full sized plants). Another VITAL thing that helps is a strong ventilation system w/ constantly circulating air that blows across the whole body of the plant(s). Typically one oscillating fan on everyside of your room w/ opposingly faced suspended fans in the center will keep ANY mold particulates from getting an anchor on your precious medicine. HAve a great one!

Latest posts

Back