"Heads" magazine discredits MH

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AZshwagg

Reaction score
I was reading the the magazine Heads Vol. 05 Issue 08 and they were doin garden renovations, they would show you the garden and then tell you what they would change and what they would keep. On one of the gardens the dude was useing a parabolic 1000 watt MH lamp the room was bout 100-square-foot. So, I was reading on and it said that, and I qoute "The metal halide lamp should be replaced with HPS lamps. They are more efficient at producing useable light for the plants and will promote faster growth. The idea that metal halide lamps are better for vegatative growth is a myth promoted by merchants to sell more equipment.". So whats up with that?

I have always just used HPs and have no problem, my buddy uses MH to veg and he gains no advantage from it, that much I can tell you.

AZ...Plant science dictates a 'higher' ratio of blue spectrum dureing veg. I don't believe 'that' is a myth. But having used both, mh and hps, I've actually observed little difference. The hps is a tad cooler running, and does seem to produce slightly better, more compact final product.

Latest posts

Back