Heat Heat and MORE HEAT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobBuckman

Reaction score
man.. just can't get it right.. 91-95 degrees always when the SolarStorm 800 is on in the 4x4 tent. lights out around 80 or so. outdoors 95 degrees

current setup..
central ac (6" duct, thermostat 75 degrees, from basement) -> lower tent inlet -> oscillating fan -> top tent exhaust fan -> the 8'x12' room that the tent stands in. temp at the bottom and top of tent are the same, exhaust fan is on high and walls of the tent slightly bowed inward

LEO directly behind the house, and one diagonal, both have a good view of the wall where the tent is at (so not wanting to leave the window open with an exhaust tube coming out (would look odd and attract attention)

would you..

a) open lower inlets on tent (room temp air coming in) -> tent -> oscillating fan -> top tent exhaust fan -> down to the basement via 6" duct (can either have central air coming in via that path, or exhaust going out that path... but not both at the same time (room for only one 6" duct). not sure what the room temp will without the central air hooked up

b) leave the setup as-is?

c) ditch the SS800 and buy a different type of light that doesn't get as hot

that 6" pathway to the basement is(was) the central air vent coming into the room.

I tried an exhaust manifold on the SolarStorm and the LED panels started shutting down randomly (thermal issue) so removed it immediately.

Thanks for any tips/suggestions

Where is the thermostat for the AC? If you are just using the house thermostat the AC is probably not running often enough

I didn't quite understand your explaination....do you have an exhaust fan in your space?

AC set to 75 and the fan on AC is set to ON (instead of auto). I understand that helps to distribute the cool air in the house better.

Yes, there is a carbon filter and exhaust fan at the top of the tent.. the hot air coming out (95 or so) exits into the room the tent is in.

That is your problem, Your exaust air has to be directed out of the grow space into another room or outside , you are recirculating the heated exaust air through your tent.

Open a vent dude, lots of people exaust cleaned air into same room(me for 1) .....with air conditioning, your ok.

MR1 is correct (IMO). You need to remove the heated air, coming out of the tent, to another location within the house and then allow the cooled air to be pushed into the room by the central air that is running continuously. Dumping it all into the same room isn't allowing enough time ffor that air to be remixed with cooler air. You must completely remove the hot air from the room. Iff you have to, pipe the air into the ceiling/attic and back down into another room as far from the "grow room" as possible.

Plants can handle 90-95f degrees but not for a duration of more than 2-3 hours at a time...
I'd be very tempted to increase venting, either by removing the tent altogether, and creating a breeze way or replacing the light

Latest posts

Back