Heat issue in my flower closet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have ffound that if you have an enclosed space under the house (or trailer/camper) that the air there is quite cool even on the hottest days. Last summer the air under my double wide was about 74f when it was upper 90s outside. The only drawback to using that air is that when it rains a lot, that air gets very humid. It seems like if you acclimate the plants to higher temps, they do ok, just not as well as plants kept in mid 70s :)

Yeah, I guess they are used to it. They grow about an inch, inch& a half a day. My biggest problem is running out of room. I need to shift them over to flower or they are not gonna finish before they run out of room. Heat is the least of my problems. I was out of town for a week and for some reason they shot up a foot. Asked my daughter to water them every day, she did & added fish ferts to every feeding! I guess that's a different topic though. Just remember, as long as your temps are that high the plants are more succeptable to light burn. Not to close!

Wish I had one, (an enclosed space under the camper). Problem with that is all the plants would have to be midgets or else maybe I could do an upside down SCROG? Can you make buds grow down instead of up? Like those tomatoes you see advertised on tv? lol

MJ definitely will not grow down, unless the light source is slowly moved lower and lower until the plants are growing down.

I would imagine the fish ferts every day had something to do with the massive growth as that has a lot of nitrogen in it. I would cut them back a few nodes unless they have already been cut back and are getting very bushy. That will both lower them and slow their upward advance as well. I usually top or FIM to slow them down and cause them to "bush up" some. :)

Latest posts

Back