Heat issue solved?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hydrobell

Reaction score
Screenshot_20210830-203829_Chrome.jpg
hooked up my second light got a little warm sooo. I got this coming..😎 good yeah?

I have used the 6" on a 2x4, and one of their 8" in a 4x4. Both worked well. The 6 inch moves more air than the 4." The 8" move a lot more, and when you get to 10", 12" and above they are recommending those as whole house fans, like a modern attic fan.

Your 6" will easily create a negative pressure condition in a tent even on low settings.

Bubba

If you need more temp reduction, "plumb" the room your tent is in to allow hot tent air to be blown out of the room, and if possible plumb with another duct to draw in cooler air from outside of the room where tent is.

Bubba

Now that summer is drawing to an end , that along with cooler temps during the day will surely reduce your heat problem.

My plan is to install it in the tent with a tee pulling from outside the tent and one pulling from inside.... im gonna cut a hole in the ceiling and exhaust it out through the attic. Can't wait to start my Hindu!!!
Screenshot_20210831-204127_Gallery.jpg
😎 GSC starting to get colorful
20210831_203955.jpg

If you need more temp reduction, "plumb" the room your tent is in to allow hot tent air to be blown out of the room, and if possible plumb with another duct to draw in cooler air from outside of the room where tent is.

Bubba
There's a gap under the door the should pull the air in.. the Mrs. Says it looks like a glowing door from a horror movie.. lol

A similar setup has worked for me. Had a vent on door to draw in cooler air. That was sufficient, even with exhaust dumping back into room tent was in. Better glowing door than glowing window!

Bubba

My plan is to install it in the tent with a tee pulling from outside the tent and one pulling from inside.... im gonna cut a hole in the ceiling and exhaust it out through the attic. Can't wait to start my Hindu!!!View attachment 277815 😎 GSC starting to get colorfulView attachment 277814
That will do it...the hole to the attic I mean. Now you have a means to REMOVE heat from the room. I can usually control one with just external cooler air brought in, but in the hottest times it is just adequate.

The next big step in heat reduction is exactly what you are planning, a way to exhaust heat out of the room altogether. You should have no more heat issues.

Bubba

Latest posts

Back