Heat Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StonedCold

Reaction score
I tested out my 400HPS tonight, closet door open... the temperature jumped from 76 to 86 within 10 minutes with a fan blowing. I cut the power and let the CFL's continue so that the babies wouldn't be disturbed or burned to a crisp.

My question is, how do you deal with the HPS temperatures? My setup is a 3 wall closet, and i have a tarp over where the entrance is that rolls up. Should I invest in a cheap A/C and if so any ideas? I need to solve this problem fast. PLEASE HELP!

"ventilation"...fresh cool air in...old hot stale air out...

Yeah its all about a good circulatory system.. at the moment our plants are so tall, im talkin over a meter, and were running out of room to hoist our 400wHPS up any higher!.. however as in early stages of life, the hps is close to the plants and they seem to love it.

Remember: place your hand flat at the same height as the top of your plants under your HPS, if it burns your hand it will burn the plants, if it just warms your hand youll be ok

temperature is a good 75 to 85 which is fine, as long as you have a fresh air source as hick said. also get a garden mister or thoroughly sterilize a cleaning mister (polish, oven cleaner etc) make sure its completely free of any chemical, fill with carbonated spring water and mist your plants a few times a day. this is really more for humidity but it must do something for your leaves too!

be carefull misting with lights on...a tiny bit of overspray can explode a HID..

Yeah ventilation is the key. Get that old hot air out and some new cool air in. My 1000hps in 8x3x7 runs @ 75-80f. Prior to ventilation it was near 100f

Latest posts

Back