Heat mat question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one. Never needed it growing weed. Nor have I ever used a heating Matt. I start my seeds in Jiffy Pots and seed starter and keep them under CfLs until they pop thru and get about 3 or 4" tall. Then Jiffy Pot is buried into FF Ocean Forest in what ever sized pot I'm going to grow in. I use a razor blade to make several cuts in the sides and bottom of the Jiffy Pots which dissolve anyway.The roots grow until they break thru the Jiffy Pots. By then they can handle the FF Soil.
63ad8541-4ec8-40fe-b8b6-c6f0b37204cb.243faeb490f08998b340d8864cec9c39.jpeg

Last edited:
I have the case to one, still looking for the device. Probably on top of a tent....

Bubba

I used them back in the day to get surface temperature of whatever substrate I was going to paint or apply texture too. Warranties we're important.

I used them back in the day to get surface temperature of whatever substrate I was going to paint or apply texture too. Warranties we're important.
I used them on output mosfets and heatsinks in class A amplifiers. They sound better the hotter they get, but eventually cook. Last time I remember using it was on ballasts for HPS....the transformer type get egg cooking hot.

Bubba

I have one. Never needed it growing weed. Nor have I ever used a heating Matt. I start my seeds in Jiffy Pots and seed starter and keep them under CfLs until they pop thru and get about 3 or 4" tall. Then Jiffy Pot is buried into FF Ocean Forest in what ever sized pot I'm going to grow in. I use a razor blade to make several cuts in the sides and bottom of the Jiffy Pots which dissolve anyway.The roots grow until they break thru the Jiffy Pots. By then they can handle the FF Soil.
View attachment 288645
Seeds are easy....cuts are more difficult. If not done properly success is difficult.

hot pads or pot holders work pretty good

another fun toy to put on your wish list , digital temperature gun

my favorite use is when growing indoors and I wonder if my plant is to close to the lights so I take a few readings on the leaves that are the closest to the light

i also checked my heating pad and there are cool and hot spots on it , the heatings pads are not very consistent in even temps

View attachment 288644
Come on Santa

I have cloned so much shit I can't remember it all. My backyard is full of shit I have cloned.
I have 6 Thornless Black Berry bushes. Started out with one. 4 of 6 of my Pepper Plants are clones. I've even cloned Tomato plants.
I do my Clones damn near the same as I do my Seeds. Only I use FF Ocean Forest in the Jiffy Pots and keep them moist under CFLs. And I use clonning powder.
Sometimes I use a diy Bubbler for my Clones.
Honestly never had any problems.

hot pads or pot holders work pretty good

another fun toy to put on your wish list , digital temperature gun

my favorite use is when growing indoors and I wonder if my plant is to close to the lights so I take a few readings on the leaves that are the closest to the light

i also checked my heating pad and there are cool and hot spots on it , the heatings pads are not very consistent in even temps

View attachment 288644
Went with two wicker hot pads just to lift it a half inch or so. Gonna check them later on may change them out with a couple pieces of tile so I won’t have a fire hazard

Latest posts

Back