heat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

username812

Reaction score
are there certain strains like high tempatures because a couple days ago i sealed up my growbox and the tempatures been staying around 90 - 95 and i also flushed them yesterday but theyve been growing like crazy since the tempature raised 10 or 15 degrees

From my experience no, plants do not like extreme enviroments like this. What is a better answer for your rapid growth is the flush that you gave it. You may have had a build up of excess nutrient salts which was preventing your plants roots from uptaking any additional nutes. It is always good to flush out your growing medium every couple of weeks or more, so that this does not happen.

Do you feed with nutes every time you feed?

Also it may take a few days but you will begin to see the negitive aspects of the high heat. High heat also promotes mold and fungus spores to germinate and spread very rapidly. These spores can not really be avoided because they are always present in the air but stay dormant because of low humidity and low temps.

It is also harder for your plants leaves to breath in the C02 that they need, that is why I asked about C02, because when you enrich your grow room with C02 it can handle the 90 degree temps, but without c02, it is better to stay under 80F.

I hope that this help you out a bit.

no i dont feed everytime, ive only given them nitrogen and potassium once, im trying to get the tempature down a little but i dont really have the right equipment, thanks a lot you very helpful

If you have a sealed grow box, and it is small, you may want to consider some muffin fans, like the ones for computers. They are small, quite and cheap. they may not be the best or strongest but the can move quite a bit of air. Brothers grunt has a sticky in grow room designs that shows how to wire them, check it out.

You can get these at computer stores or online at my favorite place in the world...Ebay. People who read my posts must think that I work for ebays marketing department, because I tell everyone to get things there, but it is really because I get like everything from ebay, I am an addict.:eek: but the first step is admitting that you have a problem:D

Good luck on your grow, if you ever need any help do not be afraid to ask.

Peace

i do have one computer fan, it only brings it down a little more than 5 degrees, could i use an intake/exaust window fan? or is that to much?

Sure you could use that as well. My motto is if it can work, I will make it work. It will bring the temps down if you can bring in cold air from say outside into your grow box, and then sucking that air back out of the box with your fans, to a different location.

How do you get fresh air into your grow box now? This is important because no matter how much exhausting you do, if you have no way to bring fresh air into you box, you will be just sucking in the hot air that you just blew out.

well the growbox is in the closet in my bedroom and i have two huge windows and i live on the 5th floor so its always like a wind storm in here definatly enough fresh to be sucked in.

Do you have a way to channel the fresh air into your grow area?

Hi Username812

I also have a tight, indoor setup.
Attached is a Diagram of what I had to do.
If you look closely, you'll see the dimensions I worked with.
The fans I bought are the type you would fit in your bathroom - Extracting fans, plus a few special inline fans.

hope this helps

:rolleyes: The Skinmaster :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back