heatmats

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shimmz22

Reaction score
hey all, im currently in veg state of my grow right now about a week in with my 4inch pots. In my room where they are vegging, sometimes at night it gets cold. My question is, can i put my heat mat on to keep the bottoms of my girls 4in pots warm or is that not a good idea to do? Anyone else do this or have any input on the matter? If so, +REPS to you.

Absolutely bud...

Yup yup.... a warm root zone will encourage more root development.:hubba: I your pots are on a cold tile or cement floor putting them on pieces of wood, etc. will help insulate them from getting so chilly too.

Peace~!:cool:

If you dont have one already, I would recommend a thermometer with a min/max memory thing on it. That way you will know your peak daytime and lowest night time temps. You are looking for a max 15deg differential. Daytime temps in the 70's, obviously night 15 below daytime.

Hope this helps.
Stay frosty fella W

I found one of those that woody is talking about @ Walmart. Under $10 if I believe. Works on 1 AA battery. (it had temp/humidty)
I had to put a heater in last night as I noticed a bit of droop in the mornings.

I, personally, would not be for putting a heat mat under the pots.

Are you running your lights 24/7?

not sure I would heat them either...

I would rather put more light on them or run them 24/7 instead of using a heat mat. 2" foam insulation from the box stores works as a great insulator and is light weight too.

I have a heat mat under mine cuase it gets cold in my closet too. It doesnt seam to be hurting them at all.

Latest posts

Back