Height from the top?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How far from the top should I hang that light?

Hang the light as close as you can without burning the seedling.

A good way to see is to do the hand test. Put your hand below your lamp. If too hot for your hand it is too hot for the plant. Be extra carefully for seedlings regarding hot.

Remember that young sprouts are less hearty, when you think you're good with the light, move it further away another couple inches! Think baby's first time in the sun....

HEY thanks everyone! Much appreciated, THG its your cool tube design with 2-100w MH bulbs. The lamp is approximately 2ft from the top and seems to be ok so far, she is stretching a little bit.

Cool. That is probably a good height for seedlings with MH. However, the hand test, as BHO mentioned is a good indicator of heat. Work the light closer slowly and keep a real close eye on them when you do this. One of the nice things about any air cooled design is the ease of cooling the light(s).

Right now I have 2 digital thermometers at the moment one at the top of the grow tent and one at the grow level. My 4in vortex is connected to a thermostat set at 80 deg F to go on, at the same time cooling my lamp. My current temps are 74-80 at the moment.

Leave the exhaust on 24-7 and ditch the intake fan, you should be able to use passive intake.

Latest posts

Back