Hello Again & DWC Update

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moto-Man

Noli urinae contra ventus
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals!

How's everyone doing? I hope all your grows are blooming well!

...Long time, I know and I thought I might share my impressions of my first foray into the amazing world of DWC!

I'm using 5 gal buckets and the regular nesting basket in cleaned hydroton. I have two of these - both "Big Bud" but one was always more robust than the other. I also have another BB in soil - now on 12/12 also - which was the mother and got planted in October.

For nutes I'm using the basic G.H. recommendations of 3 - 8 - 16 (Grow - Micro - Bloom) under a 660W lamp. Temps of my nute solution hover between 62-70 depending on the weather and my garage. I started out with the G.O regimen but that got messy and slimy, so G.H. chemical nutes only now.

I am simply awestruck at the phenomenal growth the one plant is exhibiting! :) It's much larger and healthier looking than the (older) plant in soil. As a rule my soil plants always started to yellow prematurely and leaves would die way before the flowers had finished flowering.

That is not the case with my DWC girls though. The main stem is so thick and the base of the stalk is almost 2" in diameter! The leaves are uniformly green with no sign of issues anywhere.

I cannot be more pleased, except things are getting crowded in my smallish bloom closet(!) :D

Anyway, I'll post some pics tonight once the lights go back on.

Cheers everyone!
Moto-Man

Congrats and welcome back.

Thanks Hamster! You've been one of the gurus here from whom I've learned much. I just noticed its been ten years since my first grow here!

Here's the pics of my soil grow and my DWC.

Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_2598.JPG
    IMG_2598.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_2599.JPG
    IMG_2599.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 110

Latest posts

Back