Hello All! I'm Jeff! I'm 62 and doing my first grow...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff2021

Reaction score
These girls are fixin to start their 7 week of VEG. I've got them in a 2x2x6 Homemade tent. Running a PARFACTWORKS HB1500 LED light from Amazon. Great circulation and Ventilation. Started Germination of 6 GELATO seeds from ILGM on 4/20 using Organic Soil from Home Depot. 1 never showed up and 1 didn't survive. I've only added bloodmeal. PH has been a constant 6.5-6.9. TEMP has been mid 60s at night and have climbed to 85-88 in the afternoon. Watering 2 times a day as needed. Only using ILGM Growtime fertilizer at 2/3ts per gallon of water. They have been beautiful girls since day one but, There're like BOSAI plants. I transplanted at 5 weeks, topped them at 6 weeks and I have removed probably an ounce of big FAN Leaves. Looks like I have a ton of bud sights. What should I add to get some super growth before flowertime? Am I on Track or are they behind??
Oh yea, Lights on 24hrs. thanks in Advance for your comments and suggestions.

Attachments

• IMG_0554.jpg
    IMG_0554.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0555.jpg
    IMG_0555.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0556.jpg
    IMG_0556.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0557.jpg
    IMG_0557.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Hey Jeff welcome to the group. I can’t help you much with an indoor setup. I am running hydro. But someone will chime in shortly to help you out. There are a lot of smart and experienced growers here. And everyone has been very nice about everything. I’m new to the group and pretty new to growing as well. Just wanted to say hello.

Hey Jeff welcome to the group. I can’t help you much with an indoor setup. I am running hydro. But someone will chime in shortly to help you out. There are a lot of smart and experienced growers here. And everyone has been very nice about everything. I’m new to the group and pretty new to growing as well. Just wanted to say hello.
Thanks for the welcome Airbone!

Welcome Jeff2021, looks like you are off to a good start. Be careful of Roster, he gets a bit left of center this time of day. All that agent orange he put in his beer while in the service. We allow for it.

Have fun and enjoy checking the place out.

Hello Again Everyone! Week 8 Update...

Attached are Pics Of each of my girls.
One of them all together showing my Canopy and one of all the trimmings done in the past 8 weeks. I think I'm ready to switch to flower. Please advise!

Attachments

• IMG_0637.jpg
    IMG_0637.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0639.jpg
    IMG_0639.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 25
  • thumbnail (4).jpg
    thumbnail (4).jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 26
  • thumbnail (5).jpg
    thumbnail (5).jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 27
  • thumbnail (4).jpg
    thumbnail (4).jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0640.jpg
    IMG_0640.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 26
Hey Jeff. They'll go through a spurt when you flip to flower where they'll likely double-triple in overall size.

Are you seeds feminized?

The size of your tent is concerning to me. That many plants in that small of space and your sure to run in to overcrowding issues.

I'd go ahead and flip to 12/12 at this point.

Keep it green!

Hey Jeff. They'll go through a spurt when you flip to flower where they'll likely double-triple in overall size.

Are you seeds feminized?

The size of your tent is concerning to me. That many plants in that small of space and your sure to run in to overcrowding issues.

I'd go ahead and flip to 12/12 at this point.

Keep it green!
GMO seeds are feminized GELATO from ILGM. they have been absolutely perfect through the past 8 weeks. i germinated them on 4/20. today is like 52 days i believe.
tent is homemade 30” x 30”
parfacworks 1500 led
great ventilation
lights babe been on 20/4 for the past 2 weeks.
organic Home depot soil.
blood meal
cal mag
511 fish fertilizer
it is crowded! my intentions were to move two outdoors. but i am rethinking not to.
lots of LST done. should i cut them loose before i switch?

Jeff, I'm also growing gelato from ILGM. However, mine are the autoflower feminized variety. Mine are day 56 in their cycle in a 3'x3' tent. I have 2x Gelatos and 1x Zkittlez and they have nearly outgrown my tent. Yes, I would switch to 12/12 now, and if you're able to move 2 of them outside I think you should seriously consider it (move then before changing your light cycle).

Attached are 2 pictures. The first is from May 17th (day 31) and the second is what they look like as of yesterday (day 55). I chose the picture from day 31 because they look very similar to where yours are at currently.
20210517_133728.jpg
20210610_203701.jpg

I started with General Hydroponics 3 part Flora line, and switched (added) to their 6 part Flora line 7 days ago.

I see I didn't answer the second part of your question...

I'm in hydroponics, so they are constantly in nutrient solution. Right now I'm feeding at their recommended levels for "light feeding" at week 3 flower levels. Approximately 900ppm.
Screenshot_20210611-105410_Drive.jpg

Well Gang, I'm 5 Days into Flower Time. Experiencing a good bit of bulky growth not a lot of height yet. I have defoliated several times to keep the bud sights in the light. Is there a point during flower that I should not remove any more leaves? It just keeps filling in. I must be doing something right... Right? Any guesses on yield? BTW, GMO I doubled the size of my "tent".

Attachments

• thumbnail (6).jpg
    thumbnail (6).jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 14
  • thumbnail (7).jpg
    thumbnail (7).jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 15
  • thumbnail (8).jpg
    thumbnail (8).jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Looking great! I kept waiting and waiting and waiting for mine to grow up instead of out, and when they did it was almost uncontrollable growth. I suspect you'll see the same!
I'm glad to hear that you doubled the size of the grow area, that'll help a lot.
I didn't defokiao, and I wish I would have heeded that bit of advice. If I were to do it again I would have defoliated until week 3 of flower.
Did you add any light? Are you considering doing so?

Latest posts

Back