Hello and greetings to all

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmanfl

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm a complete rookie and have never grown anything except grass. The kind that goes in the yard lol. I've been reading the info here for about 2 weeks now and have learned alot. This site seems like a great source of knowledge and I'm soaking up as much as I can get. I cracked seeds 1 week ago and have a room set up for hydro. Drip and ebb & flow. So far so good. Anyway it's great to be here and I look foward to learning all there is to learn. gman

Welcome Gman. I am glad you have started growing... Let us know how we can help.

Thanks Rose, If I have questions about my grow should I post them in the beginners form?

Welcome to MP. All of us were total rookies at one time, too. I love growing hydro, but usually do DWC as I personally have found I do better at that than ebb and flow (for some unknown reason that I cannot figure out).

Tell us more about your set-up. Hydro can be tricky when you are just starting out.

Welcome to MP... Interesting that you are new to growing and have chosen to start out with Hydro. I hope you have a good PH meter and a ppm/ec meter.. While Hydro can be great for quick growth and robust plants it also can be unforgiving. Green Mojo.

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I understand that hydro may be more envolved than dirt but it's what I want to do because it's more interesting to me. Here is what I have going so far. I got seeds that are Sage & Sour and Critcal Hog, 10 of each. They cracked 16 days ago. Now they all are in 4x4 rock wool cubes which are in a tray with a drip system. Yesterday they all got their first taste of nutrients, 1/4 strength GH 3 part. They look like they loved it, I am amazed they grew so much in 24 hours. I read on here that one of ya'll lets their ph drift throught I guess "the sweet spot" so that's what I want to do. It makes sense to me. They were fed yesterday a PH 5.3 @ 390 PPm. They have a 4'-0" t5 with 4 6500 bulbs over them. They are about 6'' tall now. For flower I have a room that is 10'-6" x 5'-0" with a 12 pot ebb & flow system. It's an a/c room with a 2 speed ventilator fan. 1380 or 1590 cfm for exhaust. No intake yet because I can't figure out if I will need one, but if I do it's not a problem to put one in. I have 2 phantom 1000k hps in there with Daystar reflectors not air cooled. They running now and it's 91F and 33% RH in there. Pretty hot and dry huh! It's so hot and humid where I'm at that I don't know if it would do any good to bring outside air in. I haven't figured out the veg room yet but I'm thinking about ebb & flow trays with more t5 lights or else 2 more 1000k hids with mh bulbs, any thoughts? Also I'm going to grow in hydroton which I just cleaned and washed 200liters of yesterday. I plan on taking clones from clones once I get going. Well thats where I'm at presently. Any direction would be so valued, you just don't know.

Sounds good. I don't know if it is because I am a plumber and work with water all the time, but I find hydro incredibly interesting, too. It sounds like you have put a lot of thought into your setup and I personally can add few suggestions at this point.

Keep your T5 as close as you can to the tops of the plants without burning them. As the plants get bigger you will find that you can put the light within a couple of inches of the top of the canopy.

While you may think that 91 and 33% are hot and dry, some of us deal with high nineties, sometimes triple digits and 15% humidity. I pull cool air from my crawl space and run my flowering lights at night. As you are not going to be flowering until we get into fall, you will probably find that outside air will be cool enough to keep your space within parameters. Depending on where you live, you may even have to add a heater during the dark period. Most of us use a passive intake--I have never found a reason to add a fan to the intake.

Have you considered starting a journal? This helps not only you, but future growers who come along.

Welcome to Marijuana Passion Bro! This forums got lots of great info and friendly, knowledgeable members. Enjoy!

Latest posts

Back