Hello and my first question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoagieHoagie

Reaction score
Hey all, having fun reading through the threads and joined yesterday. I'm a middle aged guy who smoked occasionally over the years but have been on a 5 year dry spell. A buddy of mine brought over a joint a couple months back and I realized I really missed a nice mellow high that beer and alcohol just can't compete with. With no connections I ordered 3 seeds from Attitude and got things germinated (only 2 for now...saving the 3rd one). I have one in a pot of some primo soil I got at the hydro store and another one growing in a drip hydro system inside a nice grow tent with the sunblaster lights and ventilation. Pretty stealth in a basement closet and will get some type of carbon filter when things start moving along soon.

My question: I got Afhgan Kush Ryder seeds, feminized self flowering (pretty pricey but I got 100 pct germination so I'm happy) and the website says to run lights 20 hours a day and things will take care of themselves. Sounds too easy to me. Should I tweak things...aside from keeping PH levels steady at what 6.5 or so? I am asking for your wisdom and I thank you in advance for you time and consideration.

With the auto's it's just about that easy, but you will need to adjust the PH to 5.3 to 5.8 for the plant in the hydro or you will have nutrients locked out bu to high a PH. Read thru the Growing Resouces to get a better idea of what you will have to do for each type of growing.

Welcome to MP.....Autos are easy to grow. 18 hours of light a day or more 6.3-6.8 (I keep it at6.5) ph for soil 5.3-5.8 for hydro. They don't yield great and the potency is not a strong as some 12-12 strains but they will do the job if you want to keep it simple.

If you like growing and think you might stick with it I wld suggest looking into Keeping a Dank 12-12 Mom and running clones off of her. Better smoke, no more pricey beans and you will consistently know what you are getting potency and yield wise. jmo

Thanks guys. I went by memory on the ph for hydro so thanks for setting me straight.

I really want to do clones for sure, but excuse my ignorance please: What is a 12/12 dank? Just a type of grow like Indica? You can laugh at me if you want to.....I laugh at myself all the time!

Nobodies laughing at you. We all scratch our head figuring out the lingo some times. A 12/12 dank is a regular strain of mj that flowers when you switch the light cycle to 12 hrs on/ 12 hrs off. that way you keep the Mother plant in veg 18 on/6 off or 24 on and she just grows while you take clones from her to flower.

LoagieHoagie said:
Thanks guys. I went by memory on the ph for hydro so thanks for setting me straight.

I really want to do clones for sure, but excuse my ignorance please: What is a 12/12 dank? Just a type of grow like Indica? You can laugh at me if you want to.....I laugh at myself all the time!

Nothing to laugh at you at brosef....what I meant by 12-12 Dank is a regular photo period mom plant which is "Dank"...as in high potency and or great taste and or great yield.

If you can find a Really Dank fast finishing strain keep a mom of it and you can turn out crops almost as fast as autos and the smoke will be a lot better in my opinion.

Thanks! Appreciate the information...and I know when I start digging around more in the other threads I will learn more and try not to ask too many stupid questions. Any recommendation for a good strain for cloning? Or is that like way too general of a question?

Almost all strains clone, some easier than others, autos dont clone.

ive prob grown between 15-25 strains all of them cloned.

Thats a question you will get thousands of answers for. All strains are clonable except the Auto's. Some strains are easier than other to clone but IMO cloning is all in just providing the right conditions for the plant to grow.

Yep, kinda what I figured. I grow heirloom tomatoes and it's the same thing....what's the best tomato? Way too subjective and too many variables. I won't ask for specific recommendations in this thread...but will read through more info as time permits. Thanks for the warm welcome and looking forward to learning alot from you kind folks.

Latest posts

Back